Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Until very recently it had been nearly 25 years since I last owned my own 10/22. Now I've had one in the house for the last 5 years - the one I purchased for my son as his first rifle. I've had so much fun shooting his that I've more and more wanted my own again.

Last month I purchased a Deluxe Sporter model and then placed several parts orders for the following:

* Hogue over mold stock
* Tech sights TSR100 ghost ring / post military style iron sights
* Kidd Industries drop-in trigger kit, trigger spring kit, bolt assembly, buffer, charging handle / mainspring / guide rod, bolt catch, and magazine release
* Volquartsen extractor
* Butler Creek quick adjust 1" Ultimate Sling / Uncle Mike's swivels

Although there's nothing too trick about this build it's exactly what I want a 10/22 carbine to be: a great ergonomic fit, durable, thus far perfectly reliable, easy to shoot with, very accurate, and a whole bunch of fun to shoot! The trigger is set to 1.75 lbs and it breaks very crisp. It's my 'ultimate 10/22'. All of the 10/22's my family has owned over the years have been iron sights only - no optics. We'e owned bolt action. 22LR rifles for precision shooting. 10/22's have always been practical carbines - woods guns, plinkers, etc. My new 10/22 is my ideal version of this type of rifle.

Here it is in its finished form:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Neat!

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Until very recently it had been nearly 25 years since I last owned my own 10/22. Now I've had one in the house for the last 5 years - the one I purchased for my son as his first rifle. I've had so much fun shooting his that I've more and more wanted my own again.

Last month I purchased a Deluxe Sporter model and then placed several parts orders for the following:

* Hogue over mold stock
* Kidd Industries drop-in trigger kit, trigger spring kit, bolt assembly, buffer, charging handle / mainspring / guide rod, bolt catch, and magazine release
* Volquartsen extractor

Although there's nothing too trick about this build it's exactly what I want a 10/22 carbine to be: a great ergonomic fit, durable, thus far perfectly reliable, easy to shoot with, very accurate, and a whole bunch of fun to shoot! The trigger is set to 1.75 lbs and it breaks very crisp. It's my 'ultimate 10/22'. All of the 10/22's my family has owned over the years have been iron sights only - no optics. We'e owned bolt action. 22LR rifles for precision shooting. 10/22's have always been practical carbines - woods guns, plinkers, etc. My new 10/22 is my ideal version of this type of rifle.

Very nice!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice Job cool looking 10/22..

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Me likey!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Nice, really like the sights.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

* Hogue over mold stock
* Volquartsen extractor

Hey Deaj, is that Hogue over mold stock still available? I'd like to get a more heavy duty quality stock for my 10/22 without making it look radically different.

BTW... beautiful rifle, but there's not much Ruger left in it huh?

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
I like it. It just screams woods gun to me. Love your sling setup.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! I'm really enjoying this thing. :)

Nice, really like the sights.
Thanks! My son turned me on to the Tech Sights. Really a great choice for a plinker / woods gun.

Hey Deaj, is that Hogue over mold stock still available? I'd like to get a more heavy duty quality stock for my 10/22 without making it look radically different.

BTW... beautiful rifle, but there's not much Ruger left in it huh?
I picked mine up new on Ebay. Most of the 10/22 Hogue stocks I see are for the .920 dia barrels though. I hope they're still available as my son wants one now.

True - there aren't many Ruger parts left inside. I guess it's more mutt than Ruger at this point. :D

I like it. It just screams woods gun to me. Love your sling setup.
Thanks! The sling is pretty handy and they're inexpensive ($18 IIRC)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts