Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you all don't mind I would like some of your Rabbit and squirrel recipes. I love spicey so don't let some peppers get in the way. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Haven't ate any in years. Mom and Grandma done all the cooking and man was they good. If it was rabbit my wife uses her chicken recipes. Lord I have no idea what that is. Good luck Heavy.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

Wabbit Wecipes

GRILLED WABBIT WECIPE

1 fryer wabbit, cut up
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup butter
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. summer savory
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper

Marinate WABBIT in lemon juice for at least three hours in wefrigerator. Melt butter in saucepan and add wemaining ingredients. Gwill WABBIT5 to 7 inches from coals being caweful that fiwer is not too hot. Bwush with butter mixture and gwill 40-45 minutes, turning frequently until golden brown and tender.

(Note: Since WABBIT has so little fat in the meat, it must be cooked over low heat or it will be tough. If you can hold your hand near the grill for a count of 3-5 seconds, the fire should be about the correct temperature).

BEER-BUTT WABBIT WECIPE

2 whole wabbit, about 3 pounds each
1 tablespoon sweet papwika
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon owegano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon packed brown sugaw
2 12 oz. cans beer
1 small onion diced
2 cwoves garwic diced

Winse inside and out, pat dwy. In small bowl, combine spices and sugaw, mix well. Wub 1 teaspoon of mixture on inside of each wabbit. Wub remaining mixture on wabbit's surface. Open beer can and pour off about half of the beer. Stuff onion and garlic into cans. Ease WABBIT over beer cans, feet down, until WABBIT is westing on can and wegs. Cans must wemain upwight at all times. Add a handful of soaked hickowy chips to the hot chawcoal (optional). Pwace WABBIT and beer cans on gwill and close wid, weave vents open. Gwill for 2 houws, or until wegs and wings wiggle easiwy. Add six to eight briquettes to fire every 30 minutes.
Serves 8.

WABBIT PIE WECIPE

2 Jack Wabbits -or- 4 Cottontails
1 Cewery stawk, diced
1 Lg. owion, diced
Salt & Pepper
1 pkg. Prepared biscuits

GWAVY

Weserved stock
Chicken bouiwon
1 Medium onion, diced
Cewery (from above stawk)
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Sage
Poultry seasoning

Soak wabbits in salt water in wefrigerator overnight. Dry, cut up and stew wabbits with cewery and onions for 2-3 hours. Add sawt and pepper to taste, then stwip meat from bones and put in 26-inch pie pan, add stock or gwavy for moisture. Cover with biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. For gwavy, take weserved stock, add bouiwon, onions and cewery. Bring to a boil. Stwain. Mix fwour with an equaw amount of water, add sauce to thickening. Season to taste with spices.(12 servings)

I can find more for those peski wabbits wesipes for ya.....

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mix salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme with water and pour into crock pot or Dutch oven
Add 2 Aberts Squirrles and 1 Cottontail, cook until meat slips from the bones.
Strip the meat off the bones and return to the pot.
Add cubed potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots and celery.
Cook until potatoes are done.

EAT!! :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
one huge texas jack rabbit
mix 5 shots wiskey 2 shots of gin and a dash of OJ.
drink mixture then throw away the jack rabbit as they are tough as nails:D.
pete

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by txpete

one huge texas jack rabbit
mix 5 shots wiskey 2 shots of gin and a dash of OJ.
drink mixture then throw away the jack rabbit as they are tough as nails:D.
pete
LOL

When I was younger and times were tough, I've had a lot of Jackrabbit stew and chili. They have a lot of meat on them, as long as you cook them a long time they're pretty good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JB...... My wife and I were reading your recipes and you crack up my wife, she thinks you are funny.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JB.... The Wabbit Pie Wecipe was good, Thank you. I'm going to try the Grilled Wabbit Wecipe next. My wife does not eat wild game but she wants to try your recipe 2400, It does sound good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Smoked rabbit gumbo is the best way to devour a cottontail or swamper, imho.
Can't give out the recipe, because wife is at work; (she is the cook, & I am the destroyer of perfectly good food)
The Bar B Que pit is another way to make a tasty rabbit meal. Even I can experience some sucess there.
But if you haven't tried them smoked, and have acess to a smokehouse, it really adds flavor to 'em.
I have also heard what was previously mentioned- that any way you can cook a chicken is also an excellent choice for the rabbit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts