Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Depending on the rifle you want to put a recoil pad on. There is one very similar to the Galco pad except its also made of leather but this butt pad you fasten it down with a leather straping or leather lacing that works extremely well. I have one on my Marlin 336 and my Remington 760 .243. I have had surgery in both shoulders this is the link.
Kick Killer® Recoil Pads I hope this helps they are roughly $35.00 in either the lace up or velcro model as well. These are a reasonably price recoil pads that really work quite well good luck!!! Like you said best bang for the buck!!!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I bought one of the ambidexterous, "over the shoulder" recoil pads...slips over my chest and shoulder with straps...once in place its a huge "shoulder saver"...they make different thickness pads. I bought the medium (thnk it is 1/2" thick) and use it for everything up to and including a 30-06 and it works just fine..they make a magnum model for the big boomers...Im a big man with a barrel chest and it fits me great...I can leave it on my shoulder and switch rifles or shotguns and not have to worry about having a pad on the weapon. Used to be made by Past and now they are now made by Caldwell that makes bag rests, etc...E bay is loaded with all sizes,etc..here is a link to one for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/CALDWELL-PAST-Magnum-recoil-protection-shoulder-shield-pad-mag-tan-RH-LH-300010-/162098023764?hash=item25bdcb8d54:g:2p0AAOSwtJZXWKLS

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Check out shooterpads, gel filled recoil pads.

Had one like it on my 30-06, worked like a charm, and could be switched to my 12 gauge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I can't get a Ruger replacement red butt plate for my '93 20g red label, does anyone make an equivalent same colour that will fit? Hopefully mine will clean up though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts