Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It can be fiction, non fiction, historical or even biographical. Just looking for something about the great outdoors, hunting or fishing expedition, mountain men, frontiersmen, pioneers. You get the idea.

I stopped reading for pleasure when I went back to grad school. There isn't much good on tv anymore so I figure I will get back into reading before bed. I haven't read a really good book in a while so please help me out.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
"Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. A good read!

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
A great book by a great man that had a lot to do with all of us here "Hell I Was There" by Mr. Elmer Keith if you can find one its definately worth the read.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a lot of good suggestions guys thanks. I will have to see if my library has any of these. They all look entertaining.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
A great book by a great man that had a lot to do with all of us here "Hell I Was There" by Mr. Elmer Keith if you can find one its definately worth the read.
For sure Southerngunner! And he spent his early years not to far from where i grew up here in Montana.
Also, if you are looking for a really outdoors type book, you might try "Woodcraft" by Nessmuk, it is mostly about camping and fishing but a great look back at how they used to do it.
+1 on anything by O'Connor, he is one of the true hunting greats.
I also like "The Man-eaters of Kumaon" by Jim Corbett, about hunting tigers and leopards in India back in the day, men were alot tougher then!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lot of great input here, thank you. I think I am going to start with the "walk in the woods" or the "Hell I was there"

any fictional novels on the subject?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts