Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a noob to scopes. I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter model on layaway at Cabala's. I want to get a scope for it, more because I like the way it looks with a scope than for actual hunting (as I never hunt). I am a range rat only. I just wanted a big .44 as I don't have one already.

So my requirements are a decent quality, inexpensive scope that fits the rings that come with the gun. Stainless preferred. Bad-*ss looking a plus.

Let the recommendations and ridicule begin.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've got a Fixed power Weaver on mine, works great. Good luck and Happy Shootin'!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have 3 Leupold 2x handgun scopes & 1 Burris 2x. I don't use any of them. I went to red dot sights and never went back. Vortex gen.II and Eotec are my choices.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have the Leupold M8 2X EER in silver on my SRH.

This cope is discontinued but you can pick them up used on ebay, etc for $ 100 to $ 200.

The scope has a lifetime warranty. Buy right buy once.

Good luck!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a, .44 magnum, stainless, SBH Hunter, with a 7 1/2" barrel. My choice was a Millet, 3 moa red dot scope, with a 1" tube that fits the Ruger rings that came with the pistol. It is unobtrusive, it is about 4" long, and looks good on the gun. You don't need magnification on a 100 yard gun. I like the red dot because there is only one reference point, there is no parallax, (the dot doesn't have to be centered in the eye piece, put the dot on the target and where the dot is, is where the bullet will hit), target acquisition is almost instant, and if you shoot with both eyes open it appears like you see the dot with both eyes. Keep yer powder dry..........Robin :)

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
706 Posts
I have a Weaver 2x-8x on my Super.

One thing I figured out is that a high-powered variable is wasted on a handgun. It gets pretty shaky and hard to hold steady at higher powers.

My suggestion is to spend the extra money spent on a variable to get a better grade fixed-power one.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck

Aqualung

1 - 15 of 15 Posts