Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
With my cataracts not ready for surgery, but my eyesight not that great, I'm looking for an optic solution that will clamp to the top of a 1997 police carbine 9mm. I really only shoot out around 50 yards sometimes up to a bit more. Any suggestions on an affordable solution would be truly appreciated. I see pictures of scopes and optics clamped to the top of them, but there is no pitcanny rail up there and I dont know where to find something that will suit my needs. Any input is appreciated.
Cheers,
Jon

·
Registered
137 Posts
If it's the correct one, I have a Jack Wiegand (spelling?) Rail on my Ruger 77/357. Was insure of it, attachment seemed flimsy, but it's been banged around, beat up and everytyoe of ammo shove in there and has held up nicely. I used blue loctite.

As for optics, if only 50 yards shooting, cant go wrong with a red dot. A nice Micro Aim Point will last forever (have had mine on a S&W TRR8, M14, etc, still going). They're pricey, but worth it. Larger, maybe a Vortex Sparc.

Nowadays you can get scopes that are light weight and offer 1.5-4x, etc. I have a Leupy 1.5-4 Freedom, nice budget scope, think its 9 oz? Has lasted on my Scout M1a for a good time. The VX-3 patrol 1.25-4 is nice, too, about 11 oz, but pricey, have that on my 77/357 currently. This way you get low mag and can bump it up if youd like, with about same weight as a red dot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts