Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, so thanks for the add!
Late last year after a relative passed I bought my first Ruger, a P89T from their spouse for a great price. Love the look & positive reviews on here and the internet. I've yet to fire it due to weather & covid19 restrictions at our one public firing range. It needs disassembled & a good cleaning. I also want to upgrade the grips (I'm a big guy with big hands so rubber grips, probably Hogue), the sights, fix a few spots of surface rust on end of the slide & lock lever. I already upgraded to two Ruger 15 round magazines. Loading these things bare handed is a beast!! I managed to get 12 rounds in one and 13 in the other. Hands are really sore. That's the last time.
I NEED A SPEED LOADER!! I saw some in my search for 15 round mags on Amazon, eBay, etc.
-Some look and are cheap. Nope, I'll pass.
-Many Ruger owners highly recommend MagLula. They look well built. I only load one mag at a time (don't we all) so $35 is ok.
-anyone heard of or use MAKERSHOT. Looks like a good product: simple, sturdy, and $12.99. What do you think?
Thanks for reading! Looking forward to reading your recommends!

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,966 Posts
Welcome from Ohio! Love, LOVE the P series Ruger autos. As far as speed loaders go, I been usin my wife for years but gotta admit she's slowin down recently. ;)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Maglula but there is a lot fakes especially on fleabay so buy locally as the chances are they are not.

welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Second the Maglula. Best on the market. Welcome from Colorado.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Another vote for the Magpul, for both handgun and the AR. Well worth the money, and don't loan them to ANYONE. They have a hole in the bottom, and I strongly suggest you fill it with a heavy duty keyring loop and attach it to your range bag.

You're gonna wish you had more mags. Get some while you can. The Ruger P series is a sleeper. Built like a tank, and reliable as they come. Congratulations!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the replies and first hand insight. You all are right on the money!! Tonight I bit the bullet and bought one. One local place I called wanted $44.99!! Another store only had some sort of greenish one. I found it online for $32.99, but I just wanted it today. Academy Sports had the black ones for $34.99. I only had 5 minutes to look over the Uplula at home before taking my wife out for dinner. (Gotta soften her up). I did manage to get the 15 rounds in one without much issue. Once the springs in the new Ruger 15 rd mags stretched a bit it should get easier. Hope to break down the P89T tomorrow & clean it. This is my first semi auto pistol so I want to make sure I do it right. Found a YouTube video on cleaning and break down that should help. Will try taking before & after pics thru the process.
THANKS from Virginia. (And I didn't vote for our governor!)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just watched video on how to use Makershot and Maglula is way easier to use.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
the uplula is a great investment in future thumb happiness, love mine

Reactions: Booger
1 - 11 of 11 Posts