Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I'm sure this has been discussed many times. Any quick recommendations for a 50/100 yard scope?

Thanks!
-tv

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have had good luck with Simmon scopes if you don;t use their rings. I may be looking at upgrading to a Bushnell on my .22LR squirrel gun.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA!

I have a Nikon Prostaff 4x Rimfire scope on my Charger and it serves me well.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Walmart has 4x Tascos and Bushnells pretty cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Anyone have experience with the Primary Arms ACSS scope? I am interested in picking this one up. Also would like to know the height of mount. Low, medium or high?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
WakeWise I have e very nice Henry Frontier .22LR rifle that is a $400.00 + when new. I have a very nice Simmon's 22Mag 3-9x32 scope on this rifle and I paid a whopping $28.00 for this scope off of Amazon to my front door. This isn't the most expensive scope out there but it gets the job done. You want to pay a bit more and get a quailty scope buy the Nikon P-22 series or the Nikon Pro-Staff scope thats meant for CCW use and you will be well served!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ditto on the Simmons scopes. Good glass at a bargain. I am running like mentioned above a Simmons 22mag on my Marlin XT22TSR. Got it during a promotion last year..total cost after 30$ rebate $9.99.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Simmons is what I use

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use a Nikon ProStaff Rimfire 3-9x40 BDC 50. I love it. Reasonably priced, the Nikon's BDC system is pretty cool. My impression based on some other scopes I've used is that Nikon optics are pretty good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts