Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scope Recommendations
My wife has a Ruger American 22lr with 22” barrel. She uses a Nikko Stirling Mountmaster Silver Crown 3-9x40. She usually shoots at 50yds and manages 1” groupings. I wanted something cheaper to shoot than my big guns so I just purchased one of the Ruger Percision 22lr’s. I want to shoot between 50yds (with wife to keep her happy &#128518 out to 300yds with my son. I am looking for a good scope for this range with parallax adjustment. Old eyes and a little shaky. I really want it to be precision. I’m thinking about trying some 22lr matches my local range has. I don’t want to break the bank to start with. If I like competition than I will move up in equipment. Thanks for any info.
Ronniej68 is online now Add to Ronniej68's Reputation Report Post

·
Registered
744 Posts
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009282264?pid=697896

Here is a great price on a scope that should do everything you mentioned and do it well. The scope can always be moved to another gun so it is an investment. I shoot my rimfires so much I figure I might as well put good glass on what I am actually shooting a lot. It increases enjoyment. Also inexpensive glass either goes bad as you age, or your eyes get so bad you can’t use it anymore. Buy once cry once, then get over it and see what you are shooting and enjoy using a quality possession!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hawke Vantage SF 6-24X44, about $230 most places. Will do everything you need with the RPR 22lr. Mount in Weaver Extra High Quad Lok rings and you're good to go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought one of these:
https://www.crosman.com/optics/scopes/3-9x40-mm-riflescope

It's a first focal plane scope which means the reticle will magnify along with the target as you change the magnification. I think 3-9X is plenty enough magnification out to 100 yards. A 40mm objective should gather plenty enough light during the day. The parallax adjustment goes from 10 yards to infinity which means that there would be negligible parallax problems down to 5 yards. The reticle is glass and the lenses are fully multicoated. Fogproof, shockproof, nitrogen purged.

MSRP is $199, but I found some NIB for under $100.

Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have two Hawke Vantage rifle scopes and both are on .22lr. rifles. I have no complaints. I have been using them for over a year now to participate in aspirin shoots. We shoot freehand at a distance of fifty feet.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
There are a couple of Vortex rimfires. I own the larger one for my RPR 22lr.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put a a SWFA fixed 10x with side focus on my .22 rifle. The fixed 10 power scope is $400, but will be on black Friday sale soon. Going with a fixed power scope allows the manufacturer to give a better quality glass for the price. Very good reticle, great turrets and clear glass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts