Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 583-series Mini (don't ask how many I have owned and sold over the years). I would like to try an extended magazine release but the reviews for it on the MidwayUSA site suggest they need extensive fitting to make them work. Can any of y'all share your experiences with installing mag releases.

PS I plan on using only Ruger Magazines

·
Registered
370 Posts
Check out Matrix Precision, High Quality Parts They make a real nice one. You can also find the paddle type ones like the aftermarket ones for the M1a, they have those on ebay. Or you can make your own , I did mine by adding a 1/2" sq paddle to the factory and heliarc it on. I like the paddle style better but to each his own.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine came from Matrix Precision Parts. Took about 10 minutes to swap it out. ASI and the Arms Room also sell a very similar one.

Regardless of which you choose, be dang sure it comes with (or you make) a slave pin to help you install. Otherwise those around you will learn some new words and you will be looking for your blood pressure meds.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all of your help.

I worked on aircraft for over 25 years so I am accustomed to parts that do not fit the way the instructions say they should. ;=}

1 - 4 of 4 Posts