Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a sp101 357. What recommendations are out there for brand and type of ammo to use. Basic use will be for range target shooting.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I like shooting Remington .38 Specials Lead Round Nose out of my .357 for just "shooting around." When I use the .357's my gun hits the same spot with Federal's as it does with the Remington .38's. I use 158gr. for both .38's and .357's. Some people think that Remington's are too dirty but I like to clean my firearms almost as much as I do shooting them :D

Good luck with your findings!

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
The way ammo is getting scarce, I'd recommend any you can find............:(

I like any ammo in any caliber by Federal. It's never done me wrong.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree......for plinking at the range, .38 SPL is the way to go. If you really enjoy shooting, look into getting a good C or O-ring press and rolling your own. You will not only save money (over time), but you will get a great deal of satisfaction hand-loading ammo that will do exactly what you want it to.
A good .357 handgun is very versatile indeed....And later on, you can pick up a handy little bolt or lever action rifle in .357 to go along with your little Ruger.....Good Luck and Good Shooting
>>>>>>>>>> Don in SC <<<<<<<<<

·
Registered
873 Posts
You will not only save money
Correction, from what I hear, you will end up shooting more, so in that regard, you won't save money, you'll just end up paying less for ammo. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts