Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
who does good work on the ruger standard .22 pistol? i have inherited a standard and i want to put on a few mods (new barrel, sight rail, trigger work, grips, etc). i have been told by volquartsen that they don't work on standard's, and the only other company i have heard of is clark custom guns. are there any other major players that i should know about? has anybody had any good or bad experiences with clark?

thanks,
kstockfo

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Hmm. If its an old pistol, it will be lacking a lot of features available on the newer guns (bolt lock, etc) that you would want to have as a shooter. My best advise is just to clean it up and keep it as a heirloom, and just buy another pistol for fixing up. Many of the newer pistols are tapped for optic mounts, and will have a good barrel, etc.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I got a 1977 Standard that has about 10,000rds through it I would say and it's still a very accurate gun. Is The barrel shot out of it or what's wrong with it? I put a new slide return spring in it twice over the years is all I have ever had to do to it.

Best:Baldy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts