Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the Security Six grip be milled (or filed) to match the Speed Six curves? I would like to engineer a smaller grip size on my Six.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I've seen it done.
I don't remember which member posted pics on how to do it, but they installed some speed six grips on the gun and outlined the shape on the grip frame and then ground off the excess.
Maybe that member will chime in with their pictures?

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
There's a bunch of Speed-Six grips on Ebay...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It has been done, I've seen a few Security Sixes with round butts, this was also common "back in the day" when many people "round butted" square butt S&W's to make them more concealable.

If the Security Six is a "shooter grade" piece, I would go ahead and do it. If it's a nice one, you'll destrou any collector value.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need the higher visibility adjustable sights for eyes that are getting older otherwise just going with a Speed Six would be a great solution (I carried a Speed Six when I worked the streets back in the late 70's).

Security Sixes do not have much collector value, they seem to be gobbled up by folks wanting them asshooters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I round butted my stainless Security-Six over twenty years ago. It usually wears pac compact grips. Even with the round butt all of the other grips I have will still fit just fine but the pac grips give such big improvement in feel that it is impossible to describe. You really have to fire full house mag loads to notice the improvement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts