Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here lives near or where I am? If so have you ever recycled your spent brass/steel casings, not for reloading but just recycling? If so do you let the garbage collector take it or do you take it somewhere to get some money out of it, if so where?

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
I would bet that there is a metal salvager somewhere in South S.F. or Daly City. The going rate down here in SLO County is about $1.85 a pound for what is called "yellow brass."

Your casings are worth more than that (depending upon the caliber) to someone who reloads. Spread the word at your gun range and you will find a buyer ... or you could sell them on this forum in the classified section ... Parts & Accessories.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I keep my brass for reloading but at the range I go to alot of people are picking up brass to take to the recycler they're not even shooters & you have to tell them to get away from your area or they take your brass. I was talking to one of pickers that spoke english and told him he could have my steel cases he said not enough money in them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Any brass that is not fit for reloading goes into the recycling bin. They take the stuff here in San Jose along with all the other recyclables.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I also take crushed or irreparably-damaged brass & bullets to the metal recycler every so often. I usually get enough to buy ice cream for the kids, so everybody's happy. :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I would bet that there is a metal salvager somewhere in South S.F. or Daly City. The going rate down here in SLO County is about $1.85 a pound for what is called "yellow brass."

Your casings are worth more than that (depending upon the caliber) to someone who reloads. Spread the word at your gun range and you will find a buyer ... or you could sell them on this forum in the classified section ... Parts & Accessories.
Ugh, theres a guy who wanders around our range all the time, hes there almost everytime we go and while he does reload....he recycles most and says he gets about $1 a pound. Whats the point? (I understand that youre talking about picking up youre own when you shoot though) Break your back for a few bucks and screw over anyone who could use the brass? He comes around dinner time and picks up whatever centerfire is around, doesnt really help to clean up too much because rimfire and steel/alum. cases are still siting there. If it is once fired brass, save it for someone who will use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts