Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses Red Dot in the .45 Colt? With what bullet, how do you like it,& how accurate is this powder in the .45 Colt? Thanks Frank

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'm interested as well Frank! I see on Alliant's web site that they do show some loads for the 45 colt and the acp as well. Got me to thinkin....
They now also claim that red dot is cleaner burning----comments anyone???

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use the Alliant recommended 6gr Red Dot with a 250gr lead bullet. A lot cleaner than Unique and about the same accuracy.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I Like Red-Dot due to it's very close to the Burn rate of Bullseye but it fills the case much better.

Crazy4nitro

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahab, if you have access to a chronograph I'd really be interested in your velocities. Thanks Frank

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've never used it for handgun loads myself but remember reading a few articles by gun writer Mike Venturino praising Red Dot as a very accurate powder for .45 Colt loads. Think many if not most of the manuals have data.
Baker

·
Registered
14 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Frank V

Ahab, if you have access to a chronograph I'd really be interested in your velocities. Thanks Frank
I do have one. My loads run between 810 and 822FPS.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahab, Thank you I am playing with Red Dot for standard loads it really runs through my Dillon 550 measure uniformly. Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.