Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of three Ruger revolvers, a Bearcat and a LCR and my newest acquisition a Red Hawk Hunter in 44 Mag. When I purchased this revolver it was equipped with a Bushnell Scope. I would like to replace the scope with the Williams { Item Number: 12932} sight shown on the Shop Ruger site.

My problem is that the old sights, front and rear are missing. I was hoping someone could tell me what parts from the old sights {and how I can acquire them} I will need to install the new sights. Thanks much.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It looks like you need the cross pin, elevation screw and spring for the rear sight, at https://www.wirthweinguns.com/. They carry the cross pin, screw and and spring that you will need, also at ebay you can buy a used rear sight with the parts you need for 14.00. hope this info helps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I forgot to add that I assumed the front sight plunger/latch is still on the gun. if not Wirthwein guns has those parts also.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
Stoneypat before you try to track down your parts from sources like Midway, Brownell's.etc. do yourself a favor and call Ruger customer service and explain what you have, what you need and ask them to provide you a list of parts and a price. Ask nicely and you MIGHT get them for free. Ruger CS has been known to do such things and you never know....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information!

Thank you guys so much for the information! Will post what I work out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ruger Customer Service

Gentlemen, the good folks at Ruger Customer service are sending all parts I need to install the open sights on my Redhawk. They were very accommodating. Customer service like that will attract customers.

As I have no parts from the original rear sights, I was wondering if any company offers a complete rear and front "Tritium" or similar sight suitable for night hunting hogs. I find several for Super Redhawks but none for my 7.5 inch Hunter Redhawk. It is quite possible that I have overlooked something. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check with Brownells for the tritium sights - MEPROLIGHT - RUGER® REDHAWK® ADJUSTABLE TRU-DOT® TRITIUM NIGHT SIGHT SETS. These are out of stock but back order appears to be okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts