Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have friend offering a 26" woodside very close to NIB condition for $1200. I'm more of a revolver guy, so I'm not sure were these shotguns are really selling. I searched all the usual gun auction sites and haven't found any for sale, plenty of regular RLs. It seems like a pretty fair value and a good gun to enter Ruger shotgun collecting, any thoughts?

Thanks,
K

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have friend offering a 26" woodside very close to NIB condition for $1200. I'm more of a revolver guy, so I'm not sure were these shotguns are really selling. I searched all the usual gun auction sites and haven't found any for sale, plenty of regular RLs. It seems like a pretty fair value and a good gun to enter Ruger shotgun collecting, any thoughts?

Thanks,
K
Buy it. I've got one and it's my favorite. They have gone for around $800-$1700 in the last 90 days on GB. Condition and furniture seem to be the deciding factors. They all have Circassian Walnut but some have better grain than others, especially the ones Davidsons stocked. I believe it was the first 350. Seen a couple of those listed for about $2000. Don't think they sold though.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I just picked one up. My second. This one was very affordable as the stock was cut then a spacer added. Dunno why

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I picked up today and I'm very, very pleased with purchase. I don't think the gun has had any rounds thru it!

This gun is so pretty it could turn me into a shotgun guy...LOL

·
Registered
930 Posts
Klambo,

I was going to say BUY IT when I read the first post, so glad you did. You will like the Red Label. I have had mine with over 1000 rounds now and love the weapon.

Smooth and has worked great for me. Ruger is not selling the RL any longer so you grabbing this is a great pickup.

Congrats.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hairtrigger

Have you rolled the pad off to see what's under? It doesn't look like they cut much, if any, off, unless I'm looking at it wrong. It looks like one of those rubber sleeve pads you slide over the wood. Correct? Might be able to put a factory recoil pad one back on it. BTW, nice looking lumber on it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's odd. There should be some kinda rule that says you can't cut Circassion without manufacturer permission...at least make it a misdemeanor.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts