Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a ruger gp100 with a 6 inch barrel a few years ago, I now want to mount a red dot on it but can not find a mount that replaces the back sight only. I want to mount something like a burris fast fire on it. Is there a mount that just replaces the back sight ? All the mounts I have found so far run the entire length of the pistol and honestly are quite ugly. I was about to put it up for sale till I found this forum and figured I ask here before trying to sell it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am south eastern ky close to corbin but fixing to move to lexington in the next few months . I grew up close to winchester and used to go there all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No thats not what I am looking for. I want something that goes in the rear sight spot only. Something small and to mount the red dot sight to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't want to drill and tap it that's what I was afraid off . I don't want to destroy the value of it by doing so. I can't believe no one makes a mount like that for these great revolvers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You may also want to check out the B-Square mount. I think it looks a little more streamlined and matches the GP finish a little better. Of course...it is only as streamlined as a giant stainless picatinny rail can be, I suppose.

If you really want to get creative, I suppose you could cut down one of these rails or find someone who knows their way around autoCAD to fabricate one. I'd imagine you would still need at least one hole drilled and tapped to secure the front section of rail, just aft of the B/C gap.

ETA: I'm in Lexington. Let's get a KY range day together!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No thats not what I am looking for. I want something that goes in the rear sight spot only. Something small and to mount the red dot sight to.
Ruger's web site has what you are looking for. I was looking for the same thing. Spoke to C.S they said part # 18471 would fit my gun and a few others. I have a Ruger American classic 45. Need a red dot eyes are getting old.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I run the EGW mount on a 10mm with a SwampFox Justice RD.

I’ve read that this type of mount won’t hold zero because it’s only secured by one screw, but no issues with mine so far. If it ever becomes a problem, I’ll just take it to a gunsmith and have them drill & tap the top strap for another screw.

I think the problem is with heavier red dot sights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts