Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks: I'm new to RugerForum and have enjoyed reading and following along with some of your thoughts with reloading and revolvers.
I will be treating myself to a completely new set-up and need your opinions. [Good or Bad choice] I realize that most have some strong feelings, and have excellent reviews waiting and willing to share. :D
My readings of the Redding t7 gives a-lot of the strengths to consistently be consistent. I'm not looking to 'mass' produce, but more for a decent unit that my Son will have one day. Loading will be mostly handgun loads with 'some' long-gun thrown in. I would like to set up each cartridge independently and not have to re-adjust regularly. Saying all of that I too have my books and bookmarks for most of the major distributors. Too, I'll be posting approximately the same on Chrono's: I am not stuck in any ditch and willing to enjoy;)
and learn from each of your opinions.

I am thankful that these forums exist, and allow a new learning curve.

Thanks, Craig

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I don't know anything about the Redding so I don't have an opinion. I use a Lee Turrent press and love it because I can change the turrent and not have to change the setting of the dies to go from one caliber to the next.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Folks: Thanks for reading about my plight. From each of your opinions my learning curve will grow. When you have a bunch of different perspectives; it allows weighing and balance. Balance it out with your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Don't own a Redding but have never ever heard one bad thing about them. Supposed to be top notch equipement.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Redding is reported at top notch. Have not heard of anything wrong with their stuff. I can't afford it and I use a Lee turret which has been an outstanding value producing accurate ammo over the years. It however has been genetically encoded into my system [8] that for a press to last from one generation to the next--it is a RCBS Rockchucker.[^]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have the Redding T 7 its my newest press love the fact there are no more spent primers on the floor and I have a 30 year old rock still working good. I a lyman sparten turrent press, and a rcbs jr press. I use the redding more than the others but its nice to have them all should I need them. Could I live with just one yes do I want to no. Just nice to have them set up the way I want when I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.