Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think that yes, they can. If they are sincere and honest. No one is perfect, and everyone in their life will do something that calls for redemption. I read the forgiveness thread in here with some interest, a redemption requires both forgiveness of others, and forgiveness of yourself. An admission of honesty on your part, of your part in the situation, and that of others.

In my experience, I have to, at some point let the past go. Otherwise it eats me up. If I am honest with myself, I can admit to what I have done wrong. Some days are batter than others as far as my ability to do that goes. The best I can do is, if my actions have hurt someone, recognize that, and try not to do the same thing again.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
If they are serious about it, yes.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Yes, oh yes. Being a good person is not about avoiding mistakes as much as it is learning from your mistakes and doing better the next time. To put it another way, if you haven't made any mistakes in your life, you haven't learned a darn thing. :)

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi just curious about your posts see you also have one on forgiveness, as well as revenge, May I ask? are you a Sunday school teacher?
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: No never.
Just pondering.....& thought others might like to go there too.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sightngrl..... nothing you need to tell us..... is there..... :eek: :confused: :D
LOLing. No. LOLing I thought I'd follow up the other two posts with this one, thats all. Still chuckling. This is suppose to be kinda serious, LOLing. :D

Nothing to confess, not premeditating nuttin LOL :p

·
Super Moderator
21,691 Posts
Interesting choice of words as people talk of redemption but usually not of redeeming themselves. Almost sounds like you are returning yourself to get your deposit back. OK I'll knock off the semantics and get on with the intent. I think you can learn from your mistakes and strive to improve but have you redeemed yourself. It depends who's spectacles you are looking thru.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Do you think people can redeem themselves from their past mistakes?
I'm pretty sure you still need green stamps, S&H or blue chip! :D

If you're talking about my religious beliefs, then yes. I have been redeemed, though not through any of my own works or deeds.

In society, it's awfully hard to earn redemption, though I think Jimmy Carter is a model we could follow.

So, are you taking a psych major and using us all as guinea pigs? :D

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did like my psych classes that took in college... I will reveal a train of thought in a couple days. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I did like my psych classes that took in college... I will reveal a train of thought in a couple days. Stay tuned.
What are you working on exactly. Three similar posts... psych classes... Are you going to reveal something about you or us?

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
What are you working on exactly. Three similar posts... psych classes... Are you going to reveal something about you or us?
I have two observations (maybe you guys have additional thoughts you'd like to share) in regards to the 3 introspective threads concerning revenge, forgiveness, and redemption.

1. The posts from everyone who responded were mostly positive.
2. Forgiveness & redemption were close in the amount of views per thread (approx 150 each)
but look at how many views for revenge.(400) LOL

I did not start out with an agenda (my thoughts just snowballed) but happened to notice these two results. What does it mean if anything? :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts