Ruger Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Now you're grasping, that's a straw argument. My 330gr Beartooth handloads are 50fps faster. What does ego have to do with it? Nothing. These loads aren't for deer hunting. :ROFLMAO:

The point is that the Garrett load has been on the market since 1988 and no one has blown themselves up.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
You have a hard time with comparisons and examples doncha? LOL

Reactions: Mark204

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Who’s winning??

Reactions: Sr40ken

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just buy a Super Redhawk with a 2.5, 7.5 or 9.5 inch barrel and never worry about what factory load you shoot. The only problem is if your wrist will hold up. We are not talking about S&W revolvers here and these Rugers will survive. Let the contest continue, it's interesting to follow.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Just buy a Super Redhawk with a 2.5, 7.5 or 9.5 inch barrel and never worry about what factory load you shoot. The only problem is if your wrist will hold up. We are not talking about S&W revolvers here and these Rugers will survive. Let the contest continue, it's interesting to follow.
Very good points. I can shoot somewhat hot loaded 200 and 240s for quite some time but the heavy stuff and the arthritis starts protesting. Lol. But then thats in a SBH.

Reactions: Mark204 and Bond007

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have video of me shooting my .44 SRH at a water buffalo. The recoil is so slight, it looks like I'm shooting a PPC gun. Even though it's a 300gr at 1450fps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have used Buffalo Bore 300 gr. JFN bullets in my Super Redhawk., 300 gr. @ 1300 fps with 1126 ft.lbs. of energy.. These are "real man" loads... If I need more power than that for what I am hunting, it is time to trot out the rifles...

JMHO

Dave
Those are regular Ruger loads. The Redhawk only loads steps it up a good bit

·
Registered
77 Posts
Didn’t read all the replies......
But I remember all the writers saying 45 colt brass was weak because it bulged.......oversized chambers didn’t come up.
then John Linebaugh was shooting the same brass past 65,000 lol
And it was fine.
how things have changed.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts