Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
OK, I'll play.

Here is a vintage 1984 RH in 357 mag. I just had a 12 pound Wolff reduced tension spring installed. This has greatly improved the trigger. Pic with Pachmayr Presentation grips:

Also pictured next to its older cousin, a 1979 vintage Security Six. In this snap, the RH is wearing its factory grips:

That RH is one sweeet shooter!

Bayou52

·
Registered
356 Posts
OK, I'll play.

Here is a vintage 1984 RH in 357 mag. I just had a 12 pound Wolff reduced tension spring installed. This has greatly improved the trigger. Pic with Pachmayr Presentation grips:

I don't have a Redhawk yet, although I'm working on it. That above presentation, with the long barrel, stainless steel finish, and those particular grips, that's what I'm after in .44 Magnum. I like those grips far better than what they currently wear.

·
Registered
439 Posts
^^^ Thanks, Charlie. Those Pachmayrs have a good fit to the hand, as the factory grips are much too small, for my hand, at least...

Bayou52

·
Registered
106 Posts
Howzabout a 9.5" Super ?

Here's how it shoots - veryb first 5 rounds out of the revolver, no load development.

I've developed a load that I've tested at 50 yds, about 1.5" 6 shots. Sorry, no pics of that yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Howzabout a 9.5" Super ?

Here's how it shoots - veryb first 5 rounds out of the revolver, no load development.

I've developed a load that I've tested at 50 yds, about 1.5" 6 shots. Sorry, no pics of that yet.
I bought one just like that my senior year of high school (with Dad's help). I had a Bausch and Laumb scope on mine. I remember shooting at 100 yard targets and hitting them clean.

I also remember taking it to my girlfriends house to meet her parents for the first time. When her dad took me outside to have the "Dad Speech", I took him over to the Jeep and showed him the Super Redhawk. We skipped the speech and went shooting. Her parents loved me. Keep in mind this was farm country PA then.

Very Nice Redhawks guys.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here is a couple 480's that I sent down the road, in fear that the ammo would become scarce again, and I don't reload yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is my Redhawk 45 Auto-45 Colt . With factory grips ( rough with heavy loads ) Pachmayr Presentation Grips ( Let middle knuckle get banged ) and finally Hogue Grip for Round Butt Redhawk ( This one works for all loads ). Iphone keeps making upside down photos . It's the only camera I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is my Redhawk 45 Auto-45 Colt . With factory grips ( rough with heavy loads ) Pachmayr Presentation Grips ( Let middle knuckle get banged ) and finally Hogue Grip for Round Butt Redhawk ( This one works for all loads ). Iphone keeps making upside down photos . It's the only camera I have.
I like mine too.

Sorry, the music is a little loud. I'm definitely not a professional movie maker.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yesterday, I posted pics of my 1984 vintage RH with Pachmayr Presentation grips (post # 4).

I also wanted a set of wooden grips for this RH, and I purchased a pair. They arrived today, and I installed them. These are a bit thicker and longer than the Pachmayrs. Pics:

Bayou52

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
I'll bet that stings the hand. :D

Beautiful SRH!
Actually it doesn't. Before returning from a trip to Montana I decided to shoot up the three boxes of Winchester white box ammo I had brought along so I didn't have to ship it home or pack it in a suitcase. I blew through 150 rounds in about 30 minutes and felt none the worse for it. Now I suppose some real stout loads might be a different story but regular factory stuff or my own reloads are no problem. The grip is surprisingly comfortable.

·
Registered
461 Posts
357 mag and 45Colt.
Ammo is Federal 158 grn in 357 and Winchester 225grn PDX-1 in 45.
Simply Rugged holster and belt.

Note: If you click on the pic, it will enlarge. Click on it a second time, it will rotate and enlarge again. Click a third time to zoom.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts