Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Stunning! No matter how many times I see that Redhawk, I always want one just like it. If I'm not mistaken, you also have a GP100 in the same color scheme. Both are gorgeous.

Tell us more a bout it. I assume it's a blued Redhawk with a stainless cylinder. Who did the work on it, and where did you get the cylinder?

If it ever needs a new home, I can help you out. ;-)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm old fashioned. There's just something about a revolver with an accessory rail on it that doesn't sit right with me.
You're not alone, I hear that alot.
I love all the revolvers of the world equally.
OK, maybe not equally, but definitely more than the bottom feeders. :)

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,622 Posts
Bayou52, those wood grips give the RH a different look! Good looking firearm.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Stunning! No matter how many times I see that Redhawk, I always want one just like it. If I'm not mistaken, you also have a GP100 in the same color scheme. Both are gorgeous.

Tell us more a bout it. I assume it's a blued Redhawk with a stainless cylinder. Who did the work on it, and where did you get the cylinder?

If it ever needs a new home, I can help you out. ;-)
Thanks for the compliments. The Redhawk started life as a 45 Colt stainless. I use it primarily for handgun hunting. During its life the Redhawk has wore all kinds of grips. I finally settled on the Eagle Square Butt Genuine Rosewood Classic grips. They fill my hand nicely and make recoil manageable. The rear sights are a set of Bowen Rough Country sights. An incredibly reliable and tough sight. The gun isn't blued. It's Cerakoted in midnight blue. I wanted a finish similar to the S&W Highway Patrolman. That working man's matte blue. The cylinder is from a Super Redhawk. I think I picked it up on an online auction site. I had it for several years sitting in a box of other gun parts when I saw several threads in the forums of guys converting their 45 Redhawks to 454. So I swapped out the cylinders and liked the look. The cylinder swapped with no modifications needed. Everything lined up and functions as it should.

I took these pics earlier today. The holster is a Bucheimer-Clark shoulder holster from the 1970's. I replaced the harness with wider straps and Chicago screw pivot points. It makes carrying the Redhawk all day comfortable.

My go to hunting round is a 45 Colt 270 grain cast lead Keith type bullet at 1500 fps.

Thanks for the offer of a new home for the Redhawk. Right now it's slated to go to my son in a couple of years when I can no longer hunt the swamps and woods of North Florida.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What are those bands around the grips? Are they to keep the gun from sliding in the hand?
They are commonly referred to as Ranger Bands, but simply they are just a bicycle inner tube cut into the width you desire.

They do a great job of helping any gun not to slip. I have put them on polymer frame guns like Glocks and even my Mossberg Shockwave.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They are commonly referred to as Ranger Bands, but simply they are just a bicycle inner tube cut into the width you desire.

They do a great job of helping any gun not to slip. I have put them on polymer frame guns like Glocks and even my Mossberg Shockwave.

It works a lot better than electrical tape. I put some on my LCP and it helps a little with the bite of the recoil.

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
732 Posts
My Redhawk

Here's my .41 Magnum Redhawk:

Picked it up at an auction. Paid more than I should have, probably, but I really wanted it.

Aqualung

21 - 40 of 54 Posts