Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wondering if a redhawk barrel that was taken off at the factory be re-used? these are crush fit, are they not? there is nothing wrong with the barrel, the original owner wanted the shorter 5 1/2" instead of the original 7 1/2" and so it was swapped out.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Not "crush fit" or interference fit by design. These get reused all of the time. Been there, done that. Bowen buys barrels at pretty decent prices to convert super redhawks to "the real super redhawk" - a two spring action Super Red with a standard Red barrel.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts

And another one, with the Lett-Style grips, and in 44mag. I tend to appreciate the extra nose weight of the SRH for 454C, 480R, and .475Line, but for 44mag, the GP-44 from Bowen is incredibly sexy, and undoubtedly with fantastic balance - AND the added advantages of the grip selection versatility as well as the two spring action.

For what it's worth - any smith with a mill and an ebay account could do the work. Part off the nose, true up the frame face. I'm considering doing one myself with a 7.5" take off Redhawk barrel in 45cal to convert a 6 shot SRH 454C. Bought the barrel on a whim for a song, bothers me daily to remember it doesn't yet have a home!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts