Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new 4" Redhawk 44mag. Once or twice every 100 rounds
during single action fire the cylinder won't rotate when I cock the hammer.
This will also happen when dry firing with snap caps. Has anyone experienced this problem? Will I find a burr on the hand or frame that occasionally catches the hand or a piece missing like a spring if I disassemble, or do I have to send it back? I'm not new to Rugers but new to the forum. Taking double action rugers apart is not my favorite thing, if anyone can provide insight thank you. Lister.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Don't know.
I would get some gun scrubber and blow the inards out really well while working the action just to see if there might be some shavings or gunk tieing it up. then dry fire the hound out of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I did pass half a can of G96 spray through it. I'll also call Ruger. I suspect they will say send it in. I will try the Gun Scrubber.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Deputy

Instead of just spraying, I disassembled and then sprayed and cleaned. There was particulate matter inside the works but nothing I would call a shaving or big bit. I see nothing that looks odd except finishing is rough and
some surfaces look like they were ground on a rough wheel. I've fired two hundred rounds and dry fired with snap caps and no problems in 500 cycles.
Disassembly was a lot easier than I remembered. The trigger and hammer pins already show a minor amount of wear, I wonder what their ultimate life will be, not that I'll wear them out. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts