Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I acquired a new Redhawk in 45 Colt with a 4 inch barrel and Hogue Bantam grips. My question is ........how do I remove the grips? The little plastic tool that is included is just about useless. I have RA and I don't have much strength in my hands at the moment. Also, is it a standard Redhawk grip frame and will standard Redhawk grips fit? I sent an email to Ruger customer service and they were no help at all!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Try contacting houge on both questions, I noticed on their website the bantam is shown on a longer barreled redhawk, so maybe they are interchangeable

Attachments

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Standard Redhawk grips will fit the models that ship with Bantams.

Removing the Bantams is as easy as in the credit card trick shown in the video posted above.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yes, the standard factory redhawk wood grips will fit perfectly and is what my 4" is currently wearing.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If he has a new Redhawk, like mine the standard Redhawk grips are different I believe. The new 45 Colt Redhawk has the round but grip, unless I am missing something. At least mine does.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is a new Redhawk with the square grip frame.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the new Redhawk 45ACP/45 Colt round butt, takes completely different grips than the square butt revolvers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts