Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Red Hawk .44 mag. and am looking for anice set of wood finger grove grips for it. I have large hands and the my middle finger takes a pounding when I shoot full loads. I'v looked at pictures of the Houge grips and can't see any screws in the grips to hold them on. Am I missing something how do they attach? What other brands are out there?
Thanks

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,477 Posts
Hogue grips are a good choice ... both in the wood or rubber versions. They are a unique design with a stirrup and a screw that connects from the bottom.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yes, the screw is in the bottom. These are great grips and I am thinking of getting one for my SRH. My brother had a set on his and loved it. We have large hands also. The Hogues mount very solidly with the stirup.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I put a set of rubber Hogues on my srh. While I'm not a fan of rubber grips, these sure do give an excellent grip.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the input. I think I will go for the Hogue Rosewood laminate. They look good to me. I have had rubber grips on a S&W mod. 66 before and didn"t like them so off they went and a pair of wood grips are now in place.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts