Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang
I have a guy who wants my encore quite badly.he wants to trade me for a redhawk
in. 41 mag it is SS with a 7.5" barrel. He also is going to include a red dot and mount
I love the redhawk in .41 "I already have 1" but I don't realy know the value.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
There is one in the local shop, .41, 7.5 inch barrel, very good condition, for &750.00. Wish I had the cash! What a Christmas present that would be.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
I bought this one a couple of months ago for $650, shipping included. My LGS doesn't charge for a transfer fee due to the amount of business I give him so total cost to me was the $650. Love this gun.

·
Registered
440 Posts
There was a new one in my local gun store last month that had a price tag of $675. It had the camo Pachmayr grips.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
There was a new one in my local gun store last month that had a price tag of $675. It had the camo Pachmayr grips.
A new .41 Mag.? It's been a while since they made the .41 Mag. Redhawk so I would say that would be a bargain.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I picked up a used one in '09 that was in excellent shape. It was manufactured some time in the mid '80s. It was $479 but of course that's been a couple years ago. It is SS and 7 1/2" barrel. I've only seen 2 other 41s and both were blue and priced above $600 and neither one was in as good of shape as mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a 7 1/2" blue 1985 501 prefix on Gunbroker with a Weaver rail mounted on top with Pachmayr grips, and original grips. Great shooter with bluing wear, but smooth double and single action trigger pull. I had bid on 41 Redhawks for two years on Gunbroker and just couldn't win one for a descent price, until a few weeks ago. Of course, a couple weeks later I went to a gun show and ran into an older gentleman with a 1989 502 prefix Hunter version with the barrel mount cutouts with rings in excellent blue, (98%) condition, for a little more than I had in the 1985 model. Go figure. I had to buy it, but I'm torn. The action is not even broken in on the 1989 model. It's just not quite as smooth as the older more worn revolver. One will have to go. Just will have to figure it out. Both GREAT GUNS!!!!!!!! I love the 41 magnum. Have had Ruger Blackhawks, S&W 657 7 1/2", and a S&W 57 Mountain Gun with 4" barrel. I'll take the Redhawks in 41 mag every time!!!!!!!! How about you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts