Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Redhawk for years. Recently, I noticed that it does not lock up well on all cylinders before the hammer falls. I figure it is probably due to normal wear and tear from shooting magnum loads over the years.

How can I fix this, or is this something that should be done by a gunsmith?

Agent 86

·
Registered
693 Posts
send it back to ruger,call them,get it done right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll Do It!

Just got off the phone with Ruger's service dept in NH. I'll be sending the Redhawk to them today.

Agent 86

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, "Howie" the Redhawk came home from the factory today. After I sent it in, Ruger acknowledged the arrival of my revolver with a postcard. I never heard a peep out of them, I figured they were real busy. I was thinking of giving them a call to see what the repairs were going to cost me.

Presto! UPS delivered the revolver back with the following notes:

Barrel Repaired
Crane Repaired
Cylinder Replaced
Hammer Dog Replaced
Ejector Replaced
Pawl Replaced

No CHARGE!!!! That was a pleasant surprise, since I have owned this gun for a lotta years.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yup...

Thats the same experience I had with Ruger and a Mark II. The cost... only the postage to send the gun in. :) Great Company!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same experience I had with Ruger, sent back a Redhawk after I put thousands of rounds through it {it started to misfire} had it since 1982, they returned it all tuned up and replaced all but the barrell frame and cylinder. I hadn't realized how it had loosened up over the years. All at the cost of me shipping it to them.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts