Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 inch 44 mag Redhawk and was thinking about getting some XS sights. I called them today and they told me the front sight on this gun is like the GP100 in that to remove it you push in the release ,located above the muzzle, and pop the sight out. My gun has a front sight that is held in with a roll pin just like the SP101. The guy at XS told me that he has never seen this and told me to send him pictures. I got this gun new in box. Anyone else have a Redhawk like this?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I have a 4 inch 44 mag Redhawk and was thinking about getting some XS sights. I called them today and they told me the front sight on this gun is like the GP100 in that to remove it you push in the release ,located above the muzzle, and pop the sight out. My gun has a front sight that is held in with a roll pin just like the SP101. The guy at XS told me that he has never seen this and told me to send him pictures. I got this gun new in box. Anyone else have a Redhawk like this?
Kevin, it sounds like you have a standard model 5026 Redhawk, 4.2" barrel and black Hogue grip. That model has a pinned front sight so that's not unusual at all. The XS guy just hasn't seen one and thinks all Redhawks are alike with the same front sight at the GP100. You could also tell him the typical 3" GP100 has a pinned front sight too so they aren't all the same either. XS still might have a front sight that will work. Perhaps you need to talk to someone else there.

Wave

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
When I was equipping my Alaskan with better than factory sights, I ran into that very same problem. All the sight guys be it Meprolite or Millet or fill in the blank, they all said "The sights are the same as the GP100". Well that's not exactly true since the Alaskan's front is a pinned in blade. I eventually got a Rugged Country all steel rear sight and a HiViz fiber optic front blade. The combo works out really good, but still I was unable to call just one supplier to get my needs met. Smithy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts