Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you decided at some point that you have amassed too many firearms? Well, I've wanted to purchase a few new firearms and found that a few of the current firearms have been left unused and neglected. I'm finishing these projects and selling them, as well as selling a couple that aren't very practical. I figure it's less to clean and maintain, and the one's I'll have left I can love all the more.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Is the Remington model 700 Varmint Special .308 for sale??? I have found that I don't shoot all my firearms equally, but I love them all. As long as there are multiple choices out there, I will want more. Sure, I don't need all of my guns, but I like having the option to pick the one I feel like shooting with on a particular day. Just my .02 though.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
problem is, after i get rid of one, i start regreting it!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yea the wife the truck ( maybe) the dog no and my guns HECK NO they are mine.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the 700 is going to be put up for sale once the bolt gets machined for a Sako style extractor I purchased years ago. I plan on replacing it with a Romanian PSL. I've always wanted one and can deal with it's minor limitations. May as well do it while they remain relatively affordable. I passed on a Russian SVD a decade ago and the price has gone up almost tenfold.

My 20" Colt H-Bar upper and Mech Tech Carbine conversion are currently up for sale, and my Mini-14 bullpup will be gone as soon as I make a few simple mods to that (going to build a 14.5" AR upper to replace all three). I hate getting rid of that upper. It shot close to 1/2 MOA with milsurp green tip, and I'm not even that great of a shot. That Mini is just so small and light (it's only 1/8" past the minimum legal OAL)...but sacrifices must be made.

The S&W 625 is going as well as I've got a semi-auto that can fulfill that role (as the home defense pistol).

I used to think I couldn't get rid of any, but I've convinced myself otherwise.

Overall I'll be down one rifle, one pistol caliber carbine, and one handgun. I'll manage, and the ones that remain will get all the more love and attention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts