Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Father had a Winchester Pump .22 when I was a Kid. I have 2 brothers, and we shot tons of ammo through that .22 while growing up. It was still accurate and fully functional when Dad gave it to a Cousin, because he couldn't divide amoung us kids and didn't want to cause hard feelings among us. This was the most used gun I have seen. I remember they used to have those guns at Carnivals, for people to shoot.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
My father also had one. He always seemed to loose a few years of age when he took it out. He would get a gleem in his eye just handling it.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I got a Hamilton .22 short that I feel the same way about. I can't remember ever being without that gun. It was my Grandfathers but I grew up with it in hand. It kill every hog our family ate for 50yrs. It put many a furry creature in the pot too. Oh the memories.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wanted one of these recently like my grandfather had, but way too expensive for old junky stuff. I found a Rossi that was a copy of the Winchester guns and love it for about a forth of the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a rimfire junkie. I have a Winchester Model62A circa 1941 that is one fine shooter. I bought a couple of Rossi 62's (Almost and exact copy of the Winchester 62A) for my Grandsons when they get older (ages 6, 4, & 7 months)their respective Dads (Son & S-I-L) have the guns and are making sure they get functioned checked often. Rossi no longer makes these guns but Taurus makes a .22LR version that is nice.

There's just something about a pump 22 that makes shooting fun...

·
Registered
268 Posts
My Father's 16 ga Winchester model 12 shotgun was always in my "sights" to go out and shoot, but he had other ideas and would never let me. It now belongs to me and I have no reason to shoot it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My Dad had a Rem 121 in .22 and 141 in .35 Rem-both pumps that his dad gave him for graduation-my Dad died when I was 13 1/2-I'd have given anything to go shoot with him just one time-never happened. I've been able to train and shoot with all my boys-two of which, at 19 and 13, can shoot better than these olding eyes. Looking back---he had the time.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
thanks for the stories ya'll love to read the stories about what dad had when ya was a kid.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
When I was little Dad and I shot a lot of trap. He let me shoot his Rem 1100 12 gauge. But he had (still has) a win mod 12 heavy duck with a beautiful roll-over trap stock. I couldn't keep my eyes off that gun. Dad hasn't been trap shooting in 10 years, and he still won't let me "borrow" that gun. :) There's just something about a model 12...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts