Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Remington 1911 R1 mags will fit the Ruger SR1911 and vice versa?

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
Pretty much all 1911 mags are interchangeable.

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much all 1911 mags are interchangeable.
Thats what I thought ... my Ruger 1911 mag will fit in a friends Remington 1911 but his mag does not fit into mine ...

·
Banned
84 Posts
mag

Thats what I thought ... my Ruger 1911 mag will fit in a friends Remington 1911 but his mag does not fit into mine ...
It may be the base pad design. I just checked my factory R1 mags (black and stainless) and both inserted correctly into an SR1911 but they do not look like they are fully seated. Did not check feed function but slide lock-back worked fine. The base pads of the 2 mags (R1 vs SR1911) are definitely different.

BK

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Back when I had both guns I was having issues with the factory supplied Remington mags in the Remington gun. Tried a mag from our Ruger and it worked great in the Remington. Tried a Remington mag in the Ruger and nothing but problems. It was basically a matter of poor quality mags supplied with the Remington, though, not something specific to the gun, itself.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I have a Para Expert that came with 2 8-round mags, made by Mec Gar & I got to free mags via mail in rebate made by Check Mate & initially had trouble with the slide locking back after the last round, but after a few passes with a jewelry file, they are OK now.:cool:

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Every Ruger mag for the 1911 works fine and even the after market ones do well. The Remington one just didn't ...

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Country Gal hit it,, I think. My R1 mags had problems locking in place. I ordered some stainless 1911 mags off ebay, and they worked great. End of the hiccups. So I never used the factory mags again.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have both and they both take whatever mags I have ready including Colt and a few aftermarket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts