Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a 44 mag, I haven't owned one in a while. I like remington ammo for off the shelf ammo. I've been looking online and noone has the 240 gr jsp (r44mg2, my preference) or the 240 gr sjhp. I was wondering has remington stop making this ammo? I didn't see it listed on remington's website. I would have thought this was one of the most popular 44 mag loads. I've even had trouble finding the bullets as components for reloading.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,389 Posts
The Remington ammo is a little on the light side for me. I prefer the Speer Gold Dot 240 grain for woods defense or the Hornady 225 grain FTX for hunting. The Hornady FTX are much flatter shooting so the point of impact will differ.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Remington HTP (High Terminal Performance) is widely available in 50 round boxes of SJHP and SJSP 240 grain loads. Expect to pay about a dollar per round. I checked Midway and Academy on line and both had stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remington HTP (High Terminal Performance) is widely available in 50 round boxes of SJHP and SJSP 240 grain loads. Expect to pay about a dollar per round. I checked Midway and Academy on line and both had stock.
I had seen that on Remington's site, but the way is was marketed I thought it was a SD round and maybe a more premium line. I might have to stick WWB as it seems definitely cheaper. Thanks for the help.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
I see it at WM from time to time.Last week they had some Federal .44mag but it was almost $10 more than the Remington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts