Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with Remington concerning the older 700 Walker trigger issue ? If so , is the replacement trigger and or " fix" trigger pull as good as the the original ?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Has anyone dealt with Remington concerning the older 700 Walker trigger issue ? If so , is the replacement trigger and or " fix" trigger pull as good as the the original ?
Good question.......................I've never sent mine back, really don't shoot it anymore, but I know I need to take care of it........someday.

I'm curious myself.

Here Kitty Kitty

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Both of my 700s have the factory trigger and I tried 5 different times with primed brass and nor discharge per the problems reported.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
My main hunting rifle is a late 1980s Remington Model Seven. It came with a 5 lb pull 'Walker' style trigger. Even though I've never had any issues with it, last year I replaced it with a Rifle Basix trigger, adjusted to 3.5 lbs. The RB trigger has less creep than the stock trigger and a smoother feel. BTW, the inside of the removed Rem trigger was very clean, with a properly functioning trigger connector piece (the infamous part of the Walker trigger).

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wondering if anyone has anything new to report about sending their 700s in to Remington. The send back period end this spring.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What’s the question? Remington is replacing old “Walker Triggers” with new X-Mark Pro’s. Pretty straight forward. Personally, I sent in for the vouchers to replace the triggers myself on a couple rifles, but I had already swapped most of my rifles to Jewel or TriggerTech triggers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts