Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun maker Remington filed for Chapter 11 protection in Alabama as it struggles to pay legal fees.
Remington Arms, one of America's oldest gun makers on the way out !?

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
They’ve been down this road before, hopefully they can weather the storm.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Maybe their managment should revisit the tactical firearms restraint that they, bushmaster,and dpms equally they abandoned saying the were going back to their traditional hunting rifles only.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yet again. I wonder how many times they're going to file for bankruptcy due to their crappy products and
accountant-run bureaucracy with others paying for it? I won't even buy their ammo any more.

Reactions: Genetically Swiss

·
Registered
62 Posts
Remington is sailing in a perfect storm where all elements work against you. Its attempt to dismiss the Sandy Hook lawsuit failed. Now it has to go through trial and appeals in state court, probably followed by crisis. In federal court. Tha.t is likely millions of dollars in legal fees and years of entanglements. It gave up production and sales of what was likely its most profitable and revenue generating firearm. It is run by bean-counters, has almost non existent customer service, and it will have to convince a judge that a second bankruptcy will not end up like the first which failed to meet its recover plan. If any company ever had to row upstream without a paddle it is Remington.

Reactions: Tacky

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Let the Navajo nation buy them and move the company to gun friendly (for now) Arizona.
I heard they were antigun, which would be counter productive if true.

It is sad though. I feel a loss that dpms, bushmaster, and tapco have been axed. I love both of those rifles, and own several. Tapco made great ak parts. It appears now remington may have the same fate. Its a shame i am a fan of the 700. their 1911, and the ACR, which i feel is superior to the scar.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I guess that is a sign to not buy my nephew the Remington 1100 he just told me he wanted as a graduation present. I was going to send him a check in three weeks when he turns 18 so he could buy it himself. I'll have to tell him to pick something else.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
I guess that is a sign to not buy my nephew the Remington 1100 he just told me he wanted as a graduation present. I was going to send him a check in three weeks when he turns 18 so he could buy it himself. I'll have to tell him to pick something else.
I wouldnt let that stop me, the 1100, 11-87, and 870 will live on. They have been around forever, and i do not see remy going under as a deterant.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wouldnt let that stop me, the 1100, 11-87, and 870 will live on. They have been around forever, and i do not see remy going under as a deterant.
What about parts?
My first thought was if they go under parts availablity in half a dozen years might be hard to find.

I've wore though two barrels on two different Remington's over the years, but replacement was easy since parts are still being made.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
What about parts?
My first thought was if they go under parts availablity in half a dozen years might be hard to find.

I've wore though two barrels on two different Remington's over the years, but replacement was easy since parts are still being made.
Thats a good question, im sure that wont be to hard numrich will probably buy up the extras, and other parts dealers as well. You can still get parts for a winchester model 37 and they were made before serial numbers were required, i have one. (y)

Reactions: Super Trucker

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
After one failure after another I am surprised it did not happen sooner. It is a shame though, as Remington was once at the top of this industry.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thats a good question, im sure that wont be to hard numrich will probably buy up the extras, and other parts dealers as well. You can still get parts for a winchester model 37 and they were made before serial numbers were required, i have one. (y)
Ok, that is good to hear.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Ok, that is good to hear.
Yes im not real worried. I have a remy 870 in 20 gauge a tac 14 in 12 gauge and probably a few others im forgetting but im not worried, not yet anyways. Which i have seen 870 used as boat paddles, used to drive 2x4's into the ground, and all sorts of things a firearm is not used for and they still went bang at the end of the day. So thats good with me. I will probably never wear out the ones i own, but i have a few in my stable to choose from.

I really would have liked to get a tac 13 the semi auto 12 gauge but im not paying a grand for it, so they will be in shorter stock levels, i will just pass on that one.
I am really upset about the bushy ACR though, its a fine firearm having shot one or two, but sadly the will sink under the waves too i guess.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes im not real worried. I have a remy 870 in 20 gauge a tac 14 in 12 gauge and probably a few others im forgetting but im not worried, not yet anyways. Which i have seen 870 used as boat paddles, used to drive 2x4's into the ground, and all sorts of things a firearm is not used for and they still went bang at the end of the day. So thats good with me. I will probably never wear out the ones i own, but i have a few in my stable to choose from.

I really would have liked to get a tac 13 the semi auto 12 gauge but im not paying a grand for it, so they will be in shorter stock levels, i will just pass on that one.
I am really upset about the bushy ACR though, its a fine firearm having shot one or two, but sadly the will sink under the waves too i guess.
I've never even seen an ACR in person. Bushmaster here in MI at least hasn't had much of a presence since the Clinton ban. I mean you see their lowest gun in the Dunham's sale flyer, but nobody I know owns one.
I was a board member of one of the states gun organizations for a few years and shoot competitive when my health allows, so I don't know everyone but have rubbed elbows with hundreds of shooters from this state at least.
I'm guessing other states might be similar is why they are cutting that brand, just a guess though.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
I've never even seen an ACR in person. Bushmaster here in MI at least hasn't had much of a presence since the Clinton ban. I mean you see their lowest gun in the Dunham's sale flyer, but nobody I know owns one.
I was a board member of one of the states gun organizations for a few years and shoot competitive when my health allows, so I don't know everyone but have rubbed elbows with hundreds of shooters from this state at least.
I'm guessing other states might be similar is why they are cutting that brand, just a guess though.
The ACR was a great rifle, gas piston, used ar mags, and can be swapped to different calibers like 6.8spc pretty simple. I feel its superior to the FN Scar, which i have also spent time behind. The scar just feels cheaply built and not as robust, which is why i see them the way i do. For the price, im not imptessed.

The bushmaster has been around a while, and equal to the other makers in its price point. The dpms too. The cheapest ones i have seen listed were the radical, ruger, and s&w mp base models . The dpms oracle was close to that range. But all were good places to cut your teeth on the AR platform. The dpms lr308 was a top notch rifle, which is why aero, fulton, and many others used the same pattern which is compatible versus the armalite ar10 pattern or rock river lar 8 pattern. Both good rifles just the lr308 pattern is more mainstream with parts.

Bushmaster got a bad wrap when that punk lunatic did what he did in CT. That probably put them in the bullseye. Thats sad seeing how it was the criminal, not the inanimate object that caused the tragedy. Blame the tool, not the real problem which is normal today in society.

Im just saddened by no more offerings from these makers, i will just have to enjoy what i already own i guess.

Reactions: Super Trucker
1 - 20 of 42 Posts