Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
If Remy goes under the values will go up considerably, much like the JM stamped Marlin's. Guess I'll hold on to my 700 bolt gun

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Question is who will fill the void, think savage is a good candidate.

·
Registered
303 Posts
No Remingtons in my stable. But, I do have a Huntsville Bushmaster M4 and an old Marlin lever gun in .35 Remington. I need to check the safe to see if they are crying.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The ACR was a great rifle, gas piston, used ar mags, and can be swapped to different calibers like 6.8spc pretty simple. I feel its superior to the FN Scar, which i have also spent time behind. The scar just feels cheaply built and not as robust, which is why i see them the way i do. For the price, im not imptessed.

The bushmaster has been around a while, and equal to the other makers in its price point. The dpms too. The cheapest ones i have seen listed were the radical, ruger, and s&w mp base models . The dpms oracle was close to that range. But all were good places to cut your teeth on the AR platform. The dpms lr308 was a top notch rifle, which is why aero, fulton, and many others used the same pattern which is compatible versus the armalite ar10 pattern or rock river lar 8 pattern. Both good rifles just the lr308 pattern is more mainstream with parts.

Bushmaster got a bad wrap when that punk lunatic did what he did in CT. That probably put them in the bullseye. Thats sad seeing how it was the criminal, not the inanimate object that caused the tragedy. Blame the tool, not the real problem which is normal today in society.

Im just saddened by no more offerings from these makers, i will just have to enjoy what i already own i guess.
And, again, judges deciding the PLCAA no longer applies and firearm manufacturers are fair game for frivolous lawsuits to bankrupt them.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Based on the comments above, it sounds like people are expecting Remington to cease production. Has anyone received confirmation or have documentation that is happening? Chapter 11 is a reorganization of debt and potentially ownership. Typically chapter 11, the corporation continues production reorganizes it’s debt structure, management and ownership changes typically, but not a halt to operations. That is typically chapter 7 which results in a liquidation of assets to cover the liabilities.

I suspect Remington will keep going. The ownership will probably change, but the Remington brand and name is a very valuable thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
No Rems in my safe and never cared for their products. Almost bought a TAC-13 but no room in the safe and the Shockwave whined a ton. Still sad to see an old American company go belly up. Lets hope they can break out of the doldrums and come back stronger.

Reactions: Genetically Swiss

·
Registered
113 Posts
Remington going bankrupt? This is my not shocked face. This is part of the reason combat shotguns are so hard to find. Remington made some terrible management decisions that drove them into bankruptcy. They bought other companies they shouldn’t have, stopped production of items they shouldn’t have, produced items they shouldn’t have, and repeated their mistakes over and over. The lawsuit didn’t help, but they were already in financial trouble.

GS

·
Registered
87 Posts
The ACR was a great rifle, gas piston, used ar mags, and can be swapped to different calibers like 6.8spc pretty simple. I feel its superior to the FN Scar, which i have also spent time behind. The scar just feels cheaply built and not as robust, which is why i see them the way i do. For the price, im not imptessed.

The bushmaster has been around a while, and equal to the other makers in its price point. The dpms too. The cheapest ones i have seen listed were the radical, ruger, and s&w mp base models . The dpms oracle was close to that range. But all were good places to cut your teeth on the AR platform. The dpms lr308 was a top notch rifle, which is why aero, fulton, and many others used the same pattern which is compatible versus the armalite ar10 pattern or rock river lar 8 pattern. Both good rifles just the lr308 pattern is more mainstream with parts.

Bushmaster got a bad wrap when that punk lunatic did what he did in CT. That probably put them in the bullseye. Thats sad seeing how it was the criminal, not the inanimate object that caused the tragedy. Blame the tool, not the real problem which is normal today in society.

Im just saddened by no more offerings from these makers, i will just have to enjoy what i already own i guess.
The two idiots around DC that shot a bunch of people was also bad press for bushmaster, you can't fix stupid though when it comes to antis.

I have an LMT AR that us a piston gun, I bought it about 08 and its a good gun. I recently have been using a BCM for competition and am very happy with it.
In the .308 variety I have a Seekins that dies pretty good. My brother has a .308 from Wilson combat that us the best I've fired, but at almost 4k its more than I want to spend.

I've pushed several new AR owners toward Radical thus year. I know they are not great but for five hundred bucks, you can't build anything better at that price point. I give them the disclaimer about buying junk but most people are cheap and don't want to spend enough to be a good gun.

I agree though its sad to see any company go under.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
And, again, judges deciding the PLCAA no longer applies and firearm manufacturers are fair game for frivolous lawsuits to bankrupt them.
True, just disturbing what a great nation has come too.

Firearms makers are not the only ones, private honest citizens too.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
The two idiots around DC that shot a bunch of people was also bad press for bushmaster, you can't fix stupid though when it comes to antis.

I have an LMT AR that us a piston gun, I bought it about 08 and its a good gun. I recently have been using a BCM for competition and am very happy with it.
In the .308 variety I have a Seekins that dies pretty good. My brother has a .308 from Wilson combat that us the best I've fired, but at almost 4k its more than I want to spend.

I've pushed several new AR owners toward Radical thus year. I know they are not great but for five hundred bucks, you can't build anything better at that price point. I give them the disclaimer about buying junk but most people are cheap and don't want to spend enough to be a good gun.

I agree though its sad to see any company go under.
I recently had a friend bring me a radical to wrench on for $499 i was actually impressed. It deserves more credit than some i have seen. It may not be an LMT, or wilson, but the target or bad guy wont know the difference. Id have one...if i already didnt have too many the wife doesnt know about. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
I recently had a friend bring me a radical to wrench on for $499 i was actually impressed. It deserves more credit than some i have seen. It may not be an LMT, or wilson, but the target or bad guy wont know the difference. Id have one...if i already didnt have too many the wife doesnt know about. :D
Agreed that Radical are great up close and for the price, very hard to beat, but.......... start shooting 300 to 500 yards and you will see the difference though.

I'm on the "notify me" to buy a $524.00 Radical to use for new shooters.
I can then educate them on how to use them then show the difference between that and say the BCM I use for competition.
I know that is like putting a new driver into a ford focus then into a mustang, but it allow them to make a more informed purchase.
A guy I told to get one last year had never touched an AR now after 3 classes last year and 1 (because of virus) he is saying he wished I would have told him to buy a better gun. That is why I'm going to start showing the difference before making suggestions.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Such a poorly run company. It's a shame. They have so much debt that even with surging sales they they can't climb out from under it. I wouldn't trust the big banks that own and run the company after they went Chapter 11 just 2 years ago.

Meanwhile, Ruger has no debt. In fact, they are swimming in cash and declared a special $5 per share dividend today. Thank you Ruger!

Ruger 870 pump shotgun, anyone? Maybe a Ruger 1894 level action?

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Agreed that Radical are great up close and for the price, very hard to beat, but.......... start shooting 300 to 500 yards and you will see the difference though.

I'm on the "notify me" to buy a $524.00 Radical to use for new shooters.
I can then educate them on how to use them then show the difference between that and say the BCM I use for competition.
I know that is like putting a new driver into a ford focus then into a mustang, but it allow them to make a more informed purchase.
A guy I told to get one last year had never touched an AR now after 3 classes last year and 1 (because of virus) he is saying he wished I would have told him to buy a better gun. That is why I'm going to start showing the difference before making suggestions.
Yes 2 entirely different animals. For the average shooter will do fine with them. Most arent shooting that far.
If you want to do this....

5 shot outta my 6 5 grendel at 100 yards outside to outside .557" your gonna have to pay for it. My barrel is a shilen match if that tells you anything. My national match rock river and national match springfield armory m1a are both in that ball park with irons if i do my part.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Obviously what needs to be done is someone forcibly taking the Remington company away from anyone who owns it, and sell it to Ruger, who actually cares about the products they put out and their customer base.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes 2 entirely different animals. For the average shooter will do fine with them. Most arent shooting that far.
If you want to do this....

View attachment 145550

5 shot outta my 6 5 grendel at 100 yards outside to outside .557" your gonna have to pay for it. My barrel is a shilen match if that tells you anything. My national match rock river and national match springfield armory m1a are both in that ball park with irons if i do my part.
True, but like I said one if my employees us a little upset I didn't explain that once he learns how to shoot, the radical isn't going to be that great. Even at 100yard distances on a timer the better gun will shine with a decent shooter.
As you mentioned, most people don't do that though so its good to have a wide variety of options for different shooters.

BTW: nice groups.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
True, but like I said one if my employees us a little upset I didn't explain that once he learns how to shoot, the radical isn't going to be that great. Even at 100yard distances on a timer the better gun will shine with a decent shooter.
As you mentioned, most people don't do that though so its good to have a wide variety of options for different shooters.

BTW: nice groups.
Yep, thanks. My perfectionist side drives me to get smaller and smaller groups. But you know how it is some days it just doesnt happen, the ballistic gods like to see me fret every once in a while.

Options are great seeings how just lost 2 bushnaster, and dpms. Think olympic is gone, colt bowed out, who is next?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Honestly, I'm starting to think a lot of Remington's actions could be the result of pure, vindictive spite. Remington's higher ups just couldn't accept or get over the fact that the public would ever want rifles other than their own 70/700/etc. platforms, and decided to go about wrecking the market as much as possible, to take out as much of the competition as possible, both to punish the public for daring to stray from traditional platforms, and to punish said competition for daring to make anything more desirable than what they themselves produced.

·
Registered
303 Posts
To you OCD one hole group fanatics. I was watching a show about the development of the AK series rifles......arguably one of the best battle rifles ever built.....and Kalashnikov was quoted as saying......"perfection is the enemy of good enough" .

·
Registered
358 Posts
To you OCD one hole group fanatics. I was watching a show about the development of the AK series rifles......arguably one of the best battle rifles ever built.....and Kalashnikov was quoted as saying......"perfection is the enemy of good enough".
I'll have to remember that one.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If Remington goes under, that would leave a HUGE hole in the gun industry, I could be wrong but I don't see it happening.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts