Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through some “stuff” out of boredom and came across my Remington Bullet Knives. A new bullet knife comes out every year with a name attached to it. Remington started the Bullet knife in ‘82 and runs through today. Mine starts at ‘83 and runs through ‘08 with gaps, the gaps are because of 1) you can’t find or 2) they think they’re sitting on a piece of gold.......and sometimes they are. Hopefully going from left to right are.....Baby Bullet ‘83, Lock-back ‘84, Fisherman ‘87, Muskrat ‘88, Trapper ‘89, Tracker ‘90, Mini Trapper ‘91, Guide ‘92, Bush Pilot’93.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More....Camp ‘94, Master Guide ‘95, Trail Hand ‘96, Lumberjack ‘97, Hunter-Trapper-Trader ‘98, Ranch Hand ‘99, Navigator’00, Mariner ‘01

Attachments

·
Exchequer
4,435 Posts
Nice collection. And it's great that you still have them in mint condition LNIB!

Really like that one bottom row, far left.

I've recently been going through boxes of "stuff" in the garage and came across my knife collection from when I was a youth. Lots of junk in there, but some nice ones too. So far, no Remingtons, but there are others that I'm likely going to put on ebay - see if I can make a few bucks.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More....Apprentice ‘02, Pioneer ‘03, Veteran ‘08.

Attachments

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,819 Posts
Nice collection. I don't have anything that I collect I guess. A few things I like or admire and have hung onto but nothing I would consider a collection. Even in my firearms I don't really have a serious vein of interest beyond a hodgepodge of things I like enough to hang onto. Those are a nifty set of knives.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is it, stick a fork in me and call me done.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice collection. I don't have anything that I collect I guess. A few things I like or admire and have hung onto but nothing I would consider a collection. Even in my firearms I don't really have a serious vein of interest beyond a hodgepodge of things I like enough to hang onto. Those are a nifty set of knives.
Thanks Wave. It all started at a gun show back in the 80's......about four beers into the day I saw some Remington's, I think I bought 5 or 6 then and it's just progressed from there. I took 20 years off and started back up in 2018. In Sept of '18 I bought the RPR and that dog gone Nightforce scope, that purchase put the brakes on buying knives again. I thinks it's about time to try to start filling in the gaps, there's another '84, (no idea why there's two) out and the '85 and '86 are outrageously priced. As far as value goes I have a couple of non bullet knives that I paid $12 and $15 for years ago and they're going for $60 to $70 now. I'm not buying knives to enhance my portfolio, it's just something else for the grand kids to remember me by. I enjoy the online bidding too......I hate to lose.:D

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did they do a canoe bullet?

I got a thing for canoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to say no, but I'm no expert. I've seen people use the term canoe for a specific year because it resembles a canoe but it's not the designated name. I'l look into it and see what I can find out, I have enough bullet knives so I can eliminate a lot of them out of the gate.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nutty Ned........What year is your Bullet knife? It looks like a ‘90.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts