Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Nylon 12 that I thought about sharing with everyone. These are rare finds, and this one is in real good condition. I had this since I was a young lad. My first rifle. Sadly is I might have to part with it. I am looking for someone that might have some insight on its value from a firearm and collectors standpoint. I know that this one was made in February of 1963. There were only 27,000 of this model made and I have one. I am not sure if it's worth so I don't want to post it too high so I am hoping someone honest could lead me in the right direction. I have seen them go for well over $1,000 on Gunbroker and other sites. This one was a scoped version, that is why it doesn't have its rear sight. I put on a peep sight by Williams Gun Sights, and it works great.
The pictures I posted are from the borescope showing the lands and grooves of the barrel, enjoy. Thanks to all the take a look at this piece of history.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Rim

Automotive lighting Rim Automotive wheel system Automotive design Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part

Textile Sleeve Waist Gesture Bag

Hand Sleeve Gesture Finger Bag

Brown Product Bag Luggage and bags Textile

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Bicycle part Rim Auto part Musical instrument accessory Metal

Hood Sleeve Bumper Musical instrument accessory Elbow

Watch Wood Gas Wrist Electric blue

Registered
That's a nice looking gun you have there. I can remember seeing them advertised on the back cover of the Remington gun catalog. Enjoy 馃憤

Registered
Those are great rifles. Unfortunately most people (myself included) didn't find out until it was too late. If I can ask, why do you have to sell it?

Registered
I have always wanted a m12 nylon. I've collected quite a few nylon models over the years but never that model?
Lately I've handled TWO locally, in different shops. Both were/are $1000 on the tags. Very clean, both guns.

I'm afraid the nylon models peaked a few years ago, but in collector condition or unfired they still hold true collector status. Just checked, even my SG models have gone down a little.
So that's what overseen IRL lately...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are great rifles. Unfortunately, most people (myself included) didn't find out until it was too late. If I can ask, why do you have to sell it?
I am selling it to possibly help fund a possible surgery that I might have to have. I will be off work for some time and haven't been on my new job long enough for disability. So this rifle is really the only thing I would part with, trust me I don't want to but one has to do what one has to do.

Registered
Sucks but sometimes this happens. Would be nice if you could sell to someone who might be willing to sell it back in the future. Never came across a Nylon with a bolt. Best of luck with your future.

Registered
I never knew Remington made a Nylon bolt action. It was hard to understand those pictures at first. lol

Registered
I never had one of the Remington nylons but thought they were cool guns. Maybe you can find someone to buy it with the promise of selling it back to you if/when that works for you. Good luck with your surgery.

Registered
I used to know a pawn shop owner who collected the Remington Nylon rifles and I remember being told that the bolt action model were the rarest and hardest to find. I believe there was a tube fed bolt action and a singleshot bolt action.
They were still affordable back in the day but I see the common models selling for close to $500 now.
To get the best price for it you will need to find the right audience. Old geezers like me will be more likely to appreciate it then kids who only look at AR's and AK's.
Gunbroker is a possibility. So is the classified sections of sites like this. Find out if a local FFL will do the shipping and transfer to another FFL and what they charge.
I hope you don't need that surgery and can keep the gun but, if not, I wish you well. Good luck.

Registered
Nice lookin piece, I hope you get top dollar for it. First nylon bolt rifle I have seen. Didn't they also make a Nylon 66 semi auto?

Registered
According to the 40th edition Blue Book the Nylon 12 in 100% is $600, 98% is $550, 95% is $400. That's with the 19 5/8 inch barrel. Add 50% for 24 inch barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts