Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys today I looked at a mint Remington R1 1911 .45acp Blued model low ammo count the owner is consolidating on just .40 S&W. Been looking for a large caliber pistol not wanting a .44 magnum etc but something like a .44 Spec. or .45acp with most thoughts on the .45 acp. Well I looked at this gun this morning and wow just a beautiful gun excellent condition.
Comes with 150 rounds of ammo 100 fmj's and 50 rounds of .230 grain jhp's all Federal rounds the asking price with the ammo & pistol with 2 seven round factory mags $550.00 does this sound like a fair deal?? Thoughts and comments much appreciated thanks in advance!!!:D;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not a great price but for the added Ammo not bad. Have over 500 rounds thru my R1 without a failure. Very well made and accurate. And like any 1911 clone it will use just about any magazine out there. Not a hard choice for me but your money not mine.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sounds like a fair price $500 to 550 if in very good to excellent condition. Keep in mind that is the standard 1911 without any bells and whistles. I owned one when my hands were in better shape and don't remember having any issues.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Rem. R1 I am very much aware it's a basic Mil-Spec type of 1911 that's the reason I like it. Had a Charles Daly 1911 wished I would have kept it! One of those trades that I thought oh....afterwards. I liked the feel & condition of the Rem. R1 the reason I looked at it in the first place. Had the gun been a RIA for price mentioned I might not do anything. The RIA, Taurus, Kimber, Springfield & Ruger & Remington all very nice not mention several others as well that's not the point. I am just thinking a American made 1911 in the condition mentioned plus the price I thought with the ammo $550.00 is a damn good price! But yes my money just looking for some thought's on this 1911. Nuff said

·
Registered
589 Posts
You most likely know this, it is a series 80. That is why I prefer the Ruger which is a series 70 but, the Remy can be easily modified.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Hi guys today I looked at a mint Remington R1 1911 .45acp Blued model low ammo count the owner is consolidating on just .40 S&W. Been looking for a large caliber pistol not wanting a .44 magnum etc but something like a .44 Spec. or .45acp with most thoughts on the .45 acp. Well I looked at this gun this morning and wow just a beautiful gun excellent condition.
Comes with 150 rounds of ammo 100 fmj's and 50 rounds of .230 grain jhp's all Federal rounds the asking price with the ammo & pistol with 2 seven round factory mags $550.00 does this sound like a fair deal?? Thoughts and comments much appreciated thanks in advance!!!:D;)
You figure a new 1 is about $575-600 on most online sights & the ammo is about $75. It took my Para 1911(I love it) about 500 rounds of 230 grain FMJ to fully break in & smooth out, so your not their yet. Keep in mind that Federal ammo may be small primer, if you plan on reloading it.
Would he let you fire a few mags through it at a local range if you bought a box of ammo? With him there of course:cool:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have the exact one with about 2000 rounds. No problems and as accurate as I can be. Seems like a good deal, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
I think it's a fair price. I'd take it if I had the chance!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I like my R1 very much; sounds like a fair price, with the ammo. As long as it looks good and seems like it was well maintained, go for it.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I had an R1. Carried it EDC for about a year. I really recommend you check the rear sight to see if its tight, ready to fall off, or already been fixed with locktite.
Mine was very accurate and a nice shooter. No complaints other than the rear sight.
I sold it to a friend and bought a CZ decocker since I just dont care for the "cocked and locked" thing.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have heard about the rear sight getting loose but have also read here about the rear sight getting loose on some Ruger Model not sure if it was a sem-auto or not? But its the weekend and I am going to give thought then make a decision first of the week. I have just always liked the looks of the Remington R1 Model being the rich bluing. Now is the series 80 a bad thing or not? I know that the series 70 its I guess a type of safety design a series 80 vs 70?? I could use some insite on this if you can provide I would greatly appreciate it. This model looks alot like the Springfield Mil-Spec Model 1911. I have a Springfield Ultra Compact 1911 in 9mm that has been a great 1911. For some reason I want a full sized gun again?? I could also opt to get me a full sized 1911 in 9mm that way I already have several hundreds of rounds already for one. I appreciate the response that I have been getting keep it coming thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
My Para Expert is a 80 series & it has a fantastic trigger. Maybe Iowegan will chime in here, but I would not let that stop you.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still perplexing on the Rem. R1 but I have also heard positive on the Para Ordinance 1911's as well. As mentioned I had the Charles Daly 1911 a Armscor made 1911 mine was very good but I cannot say that Charles Daly service was good. My Charles Daly 1911 made 4 trips back to Pa. before it was repaired properly! On the other side the RIA's seem to always get great service done. Going back to a .45acp answer's the wants with a large caliber pistol but then adding .45 acp again means another caliber again! Already have 9mm but also have a officer's sized 1911 in 9mm. Something about the full sized 1911 is nice, have a GSG 1911 .22LR nice gun. One size 1911 that I do not have is the Commander size. There are some RIA's out there plus Ruger 1911's in the Commander size being made. I am a cheapo I really do not want to spend $600.00 this is where going with a Rock Island or possibly Taurus buying used I can get a nice 1911 under $600.00. I have seen a few Ruger 1911's used but they hold their value very well. Well nuff said for now.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Not a bad price! I had one a few years back, didn't shoot it much but no problems in the few hundred rounds I put through it. It is a series 80 though.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
With the ammo you described, I think it is a fair price. However, it never hurts to haggle a bit. I have owned an R1 Enhanced model for over a year and have never had an issue with it. It honestly shoots as well or better than the Colts that I have owned.
You mentioned the blue of the R1. It isn't blued but a satin black oxide finish which is durable and looks good. The series 80 Colt 1911 introduced the trigger safety feature which prevents the firing of the gun unless the trigger is pressed far enough to depress the safety "button" within the slide (similar to the Glock system). 1911 tuners complained that it made it difficult to get the same trigger job as the series 70 because of the "safety. However, unless you are a expert marksman, you probably would never feel the difference.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the deal on the Bued Rem. R1 fell thru my fault when I called back to deal the gun was sold! But now another Rem. R1 has showed up this one is a Rem. R1s its stainless steel NIB no ammo on this one but I can get it for $500.00 going to meet up tomorrow this time will bring cash in hand! Also found 100 rounds of the white boxed Win. .45acp ammo 100 round box for $40.00 is this a good price??

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Well the deal on the Bued Rem. R1 fell thru my fault when I called back to deal the gun was sold! But now another Rem. R1 has showed up this one is a Rem. R1s its stainless steel NIB no ammo on this one but I can get it for $500.00 going to meet up tomorrow this time will bring cash in hand! Also found 100 rounds of the white boxed Win. .45acp ammo 100 round box for $40.00 is this a good price??
Good luck on the gun and $40 for 100 rounds is pretty damn good in my eyes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts