Ruger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the '60's I was actually issued a RR. Being in a Construction Engineers Unit, we didn't always get the newest equipment, especially weapons. I could shake mine and listen to it rattle, but the 'ol girl actually shot very good, especially for it's condition.
Walt

·
Registered
100 Posts
In the '60's I was actually issued a RR. Being in a Construction Engineers Unit, we didn't always get the newest equipment, especially weapons. I could shake mine and listen to it rattle, but the 'ol girl actually shot very good, especially for it's condition.
Walt
Shot a lot of 1911's from different manufacturers. Don't remember ever having one that didn't rattle. Only failed to qualify expert once when a cold front came in overnight before qual day. Missed it by 3 points that day and had to settle for Sharp Shooter.

Love these old girls. My Auto Ordnance MilSpec has a bit of rattle to it but my Kimber 3" is tight. Both are good shooters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had one, S/N 223xxxx. My father got it from the CMP in the late 1950s for $30, IIRC. He gave it to me before I went on active duty in 1968. I gave it to my son when he got commissioned in 2007. Truly a rattletrap, but it always went bang.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts