Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of ye guys running this remington 45gr jhp in your .223 bolt guns?im using 55gr hornady varmint express at the moment,its good ammo but it cost E27.00 for a box the remington stuff is e15.00. if your running it how does it perform?im using the rifle for fox shooting

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats it like for knocking fox type animals?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guess there not so good!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have no experience with the Remington 45gr. cartridge. However, how it performs in any given rifle barrel would depend upon the rifling rate of twist.
Generally, the high velocity and lighter bullets will require a slower rate of twist to be stabilized in flight. Most .223 barrels are in set up for bullets in the 55gr to 62gr. range with rifling around 1:9. To shoot the 45gr. rounds very accurately, you might need an even slower rate of twist.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Jake, it will do just fine on foxes. I've shot that ammo and liked it. I now load my own, but I think that ammo is just fine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool,i have a 1in 8 twist howa 223,ammo is crazy expensive here,so if this remington ammo groups well ill be able to shoot twice as much as i get 2 boxes for the price of a box of hornady.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts