Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Bass Pro today and picked up a box of 250 9mm Remington UMC ammo for just over $50. I know it's not a huge bargain but they were out of the 100 box of Winchester white box that I usually get.

Is it any good? Anyone had any problems with it?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Eddie,

I've shot some in the past and never had any issues with it. It seems (to me anyhow) that it's a little cleaner than WWB also. Usually though I buy CCI Blazer off www.natchezss.com They have it on sale for $7.49 a box and it's what I get in bulk now.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks Taurus. I will report here after I use some of it. I was just there for other stuff, and I'm trying to get in the habit of building up my ammo supply faster than I use it up.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I think they're pretty much the same. Each companies bulk type ammo.

I just got 400 more rounds of .45 acp Blazer Brass. The stuff shoots great for the price. $14 a box. I now have like 1150 rounds of 45acp, 600 rounds of 357, 150 rounds of 38 special, 300 rounds of 22 Magnum, and 1100 rounds of 22 lr. I always buy more than I shoot. :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're much better off than me, Bountyhunter. I'm set up pretty good on 16 ga. shotshells, I have about 20 boxes of 25. Maybe 100 rounds of 30-30, 400 rounds of 9mm, and 200 each of .38 and .357.

I really need more .357 and .38. That'll be next, next time I go by Walmart or Dicks or something.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
You're much better off than me, Bountyhunter. I'm set up pretty good on 16 ga. shotshells, I have about 20 boxes of 25. Maybe 100 rounds of 30-30, 400 rounds of 9mm, and 200 each of .38 and .357.

I really need more .357 and .38. That'll be next, next time I go by Walmart or Dicks or something.
I'm lucky that my lgs is my best bet for ammo. No one else around here carries Blazer. When they put out specials, I skip the mortgage and buy bullets instead. lol. (jk) I do buy a lot when it's on speacial though. :D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
hey bounty i liked UMC , ammo never did much 9mm but back when i was shooting some local compititions, i use to buy umc 45acp my the case , i did run in to a problem back in the late 90's early 2000 i had a 20 out of a case that didnt go off, primer was smacked well , so i saved them and sentthem into remington who in 2 weeks sent me a letter with a 50 dollar coupon for remington ammo, they was nice an told me they had a bad primer mix in a bunch of primers and mine was some of them , they made it right so iam not complaining , was a pain to shoot not knowing if it was going to go bang but oh well

·
Registered
842 Posts
Eddie, I buy the 9MM UMC from Dicks here when it's on sale and it works good if I do my part although my gun, a P85, is a bit more accurate with 124 gr or heavier bullets. I hear people on different forums complain about it being dirty or misfires but it doesn't seem to be that dirty to me and I've never had a misfire in one helluva lot of rds fired. Same thing applies to the USA brand.
Baker

·
Banned
298 Posts
I use lots of the UMC stuff. I first started getting it because it came on the big boxes. But it shoots fine. Nice to have affordable brass .223

I think bountyhunter and I have the same gun collections. I also try to keep at least 1000 each of 45, 38, 357, 22 and 223. I have given up trying to stock up 300 Savage.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've shot quite a bit of it...several different firearms in different calibers...

Never experienced any problems with it...

I've had good luck with both Remington, and Magtech range ammo...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I actually use the UMC all the time with no problems. I also have shot the Winchester white box. To be honest, I have put maybe 5 or 6 different brands and types of ammo through my SR9 with no problems whatsoever. I think you'll like those rounds. They actually sell the 250 pack out here by me at Farm and Fleet for $44.99. Great buy!

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
wheres the best buy for 44 SPCL......hard to find where i live. last box i ordered cost 32 dollars for a 20 count hornady. local hardware store didnt tell me the price when i ordered....that dog wont bite me twice!!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
wheres the best buy for 44 SPCL......hard to find where i live. last box i ordered cost 32 dollars for a 20 count hornady. local hardware store didnt tell me the price when i ordered....that dog wont bite me twice!!!!
It's a shame but there are no good buys anymore on .44 Sp or .45 Colt. You seldom see either one on shelves in my area and even when you do they're out of sight price wise and ordering them costs even more when you consider shipping.
Baker

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
btrumanj....i like the 44. I reckon i need to look into reloadin...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was at Bass Pro today and picked up a box of 250 9mm Remington UMC ammo for just over $50. I know it's not a huge bargain but they were out of the 100 box of Winchester white box that I usually get.

Is it any good? Anyone had any problems with it?

I have shot several boxes of it with no problems in my Kahr CW9. Our local (OKC) Wal-Mart has it for about $43.

·
Registered
292 Posts
15AcreWoods, how do you like the Kahr? I've been thinking about that one, and might go get it today.....
I like the Kahr CW9 just fine. I had looked at the MK9s and MK40s but got a good deal on the CW. The CW is about 8 ounces lighter than the MK models. The MKs are more compact and all stainless. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the P9 Covert. 3.5 inch barrel but 1-2 inch shorter in height. A better pocket gun.

The CW shoots great. It is almost like I do not aim, just point.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts