Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I opened up a box of this and found 1 bullet seated too far into the casing. I know not to fire it due to pressure difference and what may happen if I use it. I reported it to Remington via email. Kinda scary...Reminder to all to check factory loaded ammo even they are not always perfect.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Will check all ammo before loading mags now. Never know:eek:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Also check the round if you get a FTFeed round. I just had a Federal 115gr. get pushed back into the case when it jammed.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Sometimes it happens due to rough handling in shipping or handling
in a store.

Get a bullet puller and if you use it gingerly you can
return such ammo to the correct length.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I had a box of Fed Champion that wasn't crimped good enough and the round was floating back and forth in the case. I trashed it at the range.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Haven't posted this in a while. This is UMC from more than two years ago.

Bought two of their 250 round megapacks. Half the rounds were so loose you could move the bullets in and out with your finger.

The Blazer in the middle is normal OAL.

Remington had no response at the time, and I'm still waiting to hear from them. Looks like they haven't been concerned enough to improve quality control.

Don't do any Remington ammo anymore, simply too many other good options out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts