Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with this reputation points system? (I'm sure mine is tarnished to say the least!) I noticed that a green dot= a Distinguished road & blue= Unknown Quantity. I figured out that I have 10 Reputation points & a green dot, that appears to put me in a group with the new guys? I have never spent any sleedless nights worrying about my rep, but was just curious.

Thanks Deadeye

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
It's just a way that users can "kudos" or give another use a "thumbs up".

Doesn't do anything else. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Weird

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well I better start giving out some kudos then. Nice idea.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Is there a differance in color? I noticed I have 2 blue and 2 green. I have no idea what for. One has the comment great image. I hope one isn't bad. :eek:

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Green is positive, Blue is neutral, Red is negative.

When I first started the reputation system, I forgot to give starting points (10) to everyone. Without starting points, everyone had 0 rep (blue icon) except a few people (ill explain later).

As you gain rep, you will gain more green rep icons, and you lose rep you will gain red icons, and if your neutral -9 to +9 you will have a single gray icon.

The more rep you have the higher impact you have when you rep someone. For example someone with 10 rep can increase (or decrease) someones rep by 1 point. Someone with 1000 rep will increase (or decrease) a users rep by 10 points.

Two ways to gain rep; by getting rep from someone else, and by posting.

When I started the rep system, everyone had 0 rep except admins and users with a high post count. That's why some where gray and some were green. I forgot to give everyone 10 starting rep, because with 0 or less rep, you can not affect someones rep.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Is there a differance in color? I noticed I have 2 blue and 2 green. I have no idea what for. One has the comment great image. I hope one isn't bad. :eek:
The two green means have gained two positive rep points. The two gray mean someone gave you rep, but unfortunately they didn't have enough rep to impact your rep. This was probably done between the time I enabled the rep, and before I gave everyone 10 starting rep.

Red icons means negative rep.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The only thing I'm confused about is why you would be confused about a 3 year old zombie thread....
I think the rep system is different now but I'm not sure. :p
i used the search function and this is what i found. it didnt seem to really explain much. more conveluted then anything. what happened to you either liked something and hit a like button, or you just passed it by? or at least you just hit a dis like button. i dont understand this whole thing with more people with more points give or take more points from someone? that just seems eliteist to me. or at the very least a tad bit over complicated to try and keep track of. :confused:

·
Registered
569 Posts
i used the search function and this is what i found. it didnt seem to really explain much. more conveluted then anything. what happened to you either liked something and hit a like button, or you just passed it by? or at least you just hit a dis like button. i dont understand this whole thing with more people with more points give or take more points from someone? that just seems eliteist to me. or at the very least a tad bit over complicated to try and keep track of. :confused:
See the little "scale" thing to the left of the post under people's names? You can either add positive or negative rep and also report a post if you feel the need. It is pretty common for online forums.
Check your UserCP (upper left of screen) I just dropped some rep on you to show u how it works. ;):cool:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Three year old thread.

·
Registered
569 Posts
LOL Ironic that I got negative rep from this.... :eek:
Someone called me a "forum cop" for calling this a zombie thread. Apparently I deserve bad rep for that. :rolleyes:
And this was AFTER I thought I was being nice for explaining something to a new user.... Good use of rep system mystery mod-wannabe. Oh and I sign my reps btw good or bad bc I don't like criticizing from behind a curtain..

·
Registered
854 Posts
LOL Ironic that I got negative rep from this.... :eek:
Someone called me a "forum cop" for calling this a zombie thread. Apparently I deserve bad rep for that. :rolleyes:
And this was AFTER I thought I was being nice for explaining something to a new user.... Good use of rep system mystery mod-wannabe. Oh and I sign my reps btw good or bad bc I don't like criticizing from behind a curtain..
I would give you negative points for falsely elevating my hopes of utilizing some .223 ammo when you mentioned a zombie...

But since your intent was to be a nice guy I'll go the other way :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.