Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
[URL="http://
[/URL]

I am new to the site. I tried to search through the site but gave up. I am looking to find a rough idea of how much this gun is worth. I have a Ruger GP100 6" double action SS with wood grain and rubber handle. Any help would be great!

·
Administrator
23,022 Posts
I'd say $450-$500. Start high and see if it sells.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Go high. Yours appears to be in good condition and it has the older style grips (which I like better). And new ones are kind of hard to find right now too, so the demand is there. If selling on your own, 500+

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
GPs hold their resale value quite well. $450 to 500 is what I would expect to see at a gun shop, around here on a used one in great shape, plus a lot of folks like that older grip style. Our local price for new is a touch over $600. Okay, I take that back.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here is what I did with my 6 incher, as far as grips (Hogue Pau Ferro), in addition to a spring kit and trigger job...I wouldn't part with mine.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Larry I can't figure out how to return your private message so I emailed you.
The reason you cannot PM anyone is explained in the "Rank FAQ" sticky at the top of the "New User" forum. This is to keep the "One shot wonders" from joining to sell/buy something and then disappear.People join here to become part of the Forum Community to share and absorb knowledge...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Go high. Yours appears to be in good condition and it has the older style grips (which I like better). And new ones are kind of hard to find right now too, so the demand is there. If selling on your own, 500+
Second that, $500 is a good price if in good condition. Stopped into one LGS recently, they said they don't get many in and they go quick when they do.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'd say $450-$500. Start high and see if it sells.
Looking at the availability of handguns in LGS's these days, I think terry_p's advice is pretty sound. New guns are pulling top dollar + in some establishments, and used guns in beat shape are drawing dollars I can't believe.

If you really need to sell it, get all the money you can.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
I saw a brand new GP100 6" at a gun show today for $569...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The reason you cannot PM anyone is explained in the "Rank FAQ" sticky at the top of the "New User" forum. This is to keep the "One shot wonders" from joining to sell/buy something and then disappear.People join here to become part of the Forum Community to share and absorb knowledge...
Doesnt make new members feel like part of the family does it!!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Doesnt make new members feel like part of the family does it!!
Rules are Rules,most other forums make you wait to post at least 25 times to be able to post a want/sell ad or have access to certain functions.That is another reason we frown on open forum selling...:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts