Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just got a new holster rig worth the money and stoped by a long time friends place to show it off. This person attemps to take one of the holster's off the belt they are ribbed in. had to tell him that twice then the jerk attemps to take the cylinder out of my pistol ended up jaming up the whole gun. I was pissed, then the fool, he wisely decided to retire for the evening. I was able to get the pistol un jamed but shouldn't had too. I sure won't show him another gun or anything after this. What is really bad is that this was the first good day I have had in several months having had to deal with domstic crap the last couple of month's.
The two gun rig and shot shell belt both for $100.00 have a friend big into cowboy action shooting, me I am just gettimg my stuff together right now. Have never shot a course or been to one but I am sure going to this next year. As a matter of fact got the rig on now yep this is good stuff. I can't say who made the rig but its ok for me it fits and I like it and it was in my price range.
Just seems to me that a person shouldn't start taking someone else gun a part especially if they don't know what they are doing. Well just takes once and that is enough for me. The gun is fixed and in good working order but just the same folks from now on can look with their eyes only.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I have dealt with people like that before. Just view it as a learning experience and like you say, don't show the guy anything again.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The next time he introduces you to a woman, start removing her cloths while saying 'how does this thing work?'. :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yep, some just plain like to coon-finger everything....

Thats where the old rule of unloading a gun before you hand it to someone else probably came from.

+1 tweek!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep this is a lesson very well learned.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Yeah, I kind of like to be the first one to mess up my guns. When I first take them apart and finally get them back together I make it a private moment so no one else can see how stupid I am. I really don't like to have anyone touch stuff that's new to me until I have learned my way around it. They would really have to be an expert in that particular thing and even then I am still leery. As the man said, " a lesson very well learned".

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree peace

·
Registered
62 Posts
One time my buddy bought a brand new Kahr and i looked at it for him. He isn't very knowledgeable about firearms whereas i've got quite a bit more experience with them. Turns out I didn't know jack about Kahrs. I somehow managed to make the slide stop not work. Turns out I just put the slide stop over a spring instead of under it. Long story short I don't mess with other people's guns because I felt terrible after that.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I can weill understand that happening but this guy was just to look at it not try and take it a part. We are stil friends but I will never show him another gun. I was going to invite him to a friends place where I go shoot some times but I sure won't now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I loaned a rifle to a buddy one time. After returning from a deer drive the dumbazz was using it for a walking stick. Needless to say the next day he was not using one of my guns. It's just one of the many lessons in life we unfortunately have to learn the hard way.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm real leary of handing my guns to anyone else. I HAVE to know that they know what they are doing. Lesson well learned.

BTW: congrats on the new rig.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks,
Well it was and sure hurt me that he turned out that way. I have no idea what got into him to do that but none the less I never take a gun over there now and I never ever talk about guns to him. I need to get some picutre of the rig an show it off here. I am working on men.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
My motto is to treat other people's property like my own. And I treat my own things very well, including my firearms which are well cleaned and maintained after use. I once loaned my [then pristine] Winchester 1400 to a friend to use hunting and he brought it back with a ding in the stock. This was years ago and he and I lost touch but if I still knew him, he'd not be someone I'd loan anything to after that.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can sure understand that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only person I "loan" my guns to is my gunsmith.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep I can agree there for sure.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nobody is allowed to borrow my guns, and there are a select privelaged few that get to use them with me in their presense.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I haven't had any trouble with him in the last 20 years as to what happened I will never know but he will never handle a weapon of mine again. And a range trip with him nope not at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts