Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the older Marlins I have examined had quality wood, and some older thqnt those had terrific polished bluing. Fit ad Finish were on par with the finest from other Mfgs in some periods.
I hope the "new" Marlins will have better walnut stocks, and the gluing, and fit ad finish will exceed what we see from Ruger.
NO PLASTICS PLEASE. Guns that will be passed along to our Descendants long after we are gone.
I know Investors, hedge funds, especially Wall Street, Europeans, and Asians are not about producing guns but about increasing profitability.....they will buy whatever is out there if itis all the same.
No way I or anyone here, probably has any influence/money with Ruger's Board but anyone associated with Ruger should be a firearms enthusiast appreciatign fien guns, and a hutner and perhaps in the shooting sports,...with the long view, of Ruger, being anther Colt for centuries. Quality, what every gun enthusiast wants,and good prices insure very long term returns. I'l take 4%every day an quality as opposed to 20% today and lose the market tommorrow.

·
Super Moderator
4,837 Posts
If I were a betting man, I would bet that the wood and bluing we see on current production Ruger rifles such as the Hawkeye is representative of what we can expect on the Ruger Marlin rifles when they come out. I can’t see Ruger going above and beyond that. Ruger has enough on their plate meeting current demand while re-launching a newly acquired rifle brand.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
Having owned both JM Marlins and RemLins I saw no consistent difference in quality, fit and finish. There were some atrocious examples of RemLins but I've seen some pretty lousy JM Marlins too. Ruger is not a high end rifle maker. They make solid, honest and well built rifles but very few of them are what I'd consider high quality. I expect the RugLins to be the same. I think brnwlms is exactly correct.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,314 Posts
I think I will hold my comments until I actually see a Ruger made Marlin. Keep in mind, Marlin rifles will be sold under the Marlin brand name, not the Ruger brand name so it's hard to tell what will come out of the factory ..... we might be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Most of the older Marlins I have examined had quality wood, and some older thqnt those had terrific polished bluing. Fit ad Finish were on par with the finest from other Mfgs in some periods.
I hope the "new" Marlins will have better walnut stocks, and the gluing, and fit ad finish will exceed what we see from Ruger.
NO PLASTICS PLEASE. Guns that will be passed along to our Descendants long after we are gone.
I know Investors, hedge funds, especially Wall Street, Europeans, and Asians are not about producing guns but about increasing profitability.....they will buy whatever is out there if itis all the same.
No way I or anyone here, probably has any influence/money with Ruger's Board but anyone associated with Ruger should be a firearms enthusiast appreciatign fien guns, and a hutner and perhaps in the shooting sports,...with the long view, of Ruger, being anther Colt for centuries. Quality, what every gun enthusiast wants,and good prices insure very long term returns. I'l take 4%every day an quality as opposed to 20% today and lose the market tommorrow.
If you want high-gloss bluing, get a Miroku Winchester. That's the prettiest rifle I have in my collection.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
We are now well into the forth quarter of 2021. Didn't Ruger claim to have something ready by the forth quarter of was it late into the forth ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
We are now well into the forth quarter of 2021. Didn't Ruger claim to have something ready by the forth quarter of was it late into the forth ?
I am quite certain that the fourth quarter of 2021 starts October 1st 2021 which the tenth month of the year. As 10, 11, and 12 being the fourth quarter of any given year via The Calendar.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,314 Posts
Marlin is still a company with their own products .... it just so happens to be owned by Ruger. It's no different than Buick being owned by General Motors. When Remington owned Marlin, the guns were still marked "MARLIN" and I'm sure that won't change when production finally starts. Brand name recognition is very important so you can bet the Marlin brand name will be stamped on the gun .... not Ruger.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I find these discussions humorous at best. How about Harley-Davidson? They haven't existed as they began since 1969 when they were bought by AMF keeping them out of the grasp of a hostile takeover by Bangor Punta. Oh wait, and who did Bangor Punta acquire along the way??? 😏

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Lowegan, did not Bangor Punta also acquire Colt in the early 70's and their quality control took a nose dive from the guns they were making in the 60's ?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The Ruger/Marlins will be made at their Mayodan, NC Plant
They will be assembled there but in the last quarterly call the Ruger CEO said the stocks are coming from NH. He also suggested at least some parts are being made by Ruger suppliers, not everything is manufactured "in house" anymore.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts