Ruger Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
. Some will find fault, some will sing praise, and some will just say meh and walk away. These will not be JM's or Remlins. Maybe better may be worse. Hopefully they learned a lesson from remington and will not have the same growing pains.

Lets give them a chance and see what we get

Viceroy 馃煩馃煩馃煩
Why are we begging a "budget" priced / mass produced firearms company to sell us a gun with high grade wood, tight tolerances, and no plastic? The premise of this entire thread doesn't even make sense.

Ruger and Marlin are relatively low-budget firearms manufacturers. We, the consumers made them that way by our buying choices and establishing a demand curve for that market niche. And we did this by refusing to acknowledge inflation. Take the cost of an early Model 60 and bring it forward to today's price using the Consumer Price Index; I bet you'll be shocked how much it should cost versus the paltry ~$150 they were going for at Walmart a couple years ago.

I like my budget Rugers, Marlins and Remlins very much, but they are what they are. Break open my Ruger Red Label shotgun and the inside looks like it was machined out by a 5 year-old with a dremel. Especially when you compare it to my wife's Browning Citori, my Caesar Guerini pictured below, or even my kids' Turkish-made SKB shotguns.

You want a great shotgun? Buy a Fabarm, Caesar, Kolar or Krieghoff. You want a richly blued revolver? Buy a Manurhin. And there are plenty of very fine large-scale and bespoke rifle makers. If I needed a new rifle today I'd probably go with a Sako or Blaser.

I wonder how many people here have $12,000 worth of firearms. A lot I bet. And if anyone is in that category, they are perfectly free to sell them all and buy one $4000 shotgun, one $4000 revolver, and one $4000 rifle. Then you'll have true heirloom quality firearms. Then you won't have to worry about plastic parts and plywood stocks.

A lot curmudgeons say that nobody makes good firearms anymore, and that's patently false. They're just choosing not to buy the good ones.

Wood Tool Table Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Household hardware Hardwood Wood stain Gas

Registered
Hirschj盲ger
Almost totally unrelated, but since @FeralCatKillr mentioned them...

I just found out the other day that my co-worker's husband is a gunsmith for Krieghoff.

I told her I was jealous...

Aqualung

Registered
You may be right,especially about the stocks, but they hauled over a hundred trailer loads of machinery , parts, etc to NC, plus added on a lot of square footage, & are hiring a lot of people. I don't see em making rifles they way M1 Carbines were made during WW2, with parts coming from everywhere, & slapping them together in NC.

Registered
You may be right,especially about the stocks, but they hauled over a hundred trailer loads of machinery , parts, etc to NC, plus added on a lot of square footage, & are hiring a lot of people. I don't see em making rifles they way M1 Carbines were made during WW2, with parts coming from everywhere, & slapping them together in NC.
Ruger's CEO said they were not going to use the parts they inherited during the August quarterly numbers call. They want the new Marlins to be 100% their guns, not something where they sending inherited parts rifles off like RemArms has already gotten in trouble for.

"The guns we will be making in shipping in the fourth quarter will be parts and materials that we鈥檝e made in the line, not things that we inherited or picked up in the sale. We鈥檙e excited about it. It鈥檚 been going great. We鈥檝e got a great team in Mayodan. And, frankly, what鈥檚 been exciting for me is watching the level of effort expended by our other factories in Newport and Prescott, AZ, helping with the launch in Mayodan. We鈥檝e got teams of engineers in those facilities working on small parts, working on wood stocks, things like that, and all of that鈥檚 going to combine to a great relaunch of Marlin in the fourth quarter.鈥

Registered
I simply don't understand what people get from being so negative about something they have zero information on. Let em make the Marlins then make a judgement.
I don't give a rats patootie how they make em just as long as they make em well.
A 1895 long barrel Cowboy in .45-70 please!!!!!

Reactions: jj63

Registered
A plus on a 45/70! Just depends on what it looks like for me. No doubt it will be made well.

Registered
They will now say, Marllin Firearms Made in Mayodan, NC
Since they have all their equipment and some of their employees, I bet you won't see a difference. Not much anyway.

Registered
Maybe we'll all be lucky, and the new Marlin will go the same route as Taurus' fine history.
I keep hearing it: "The original company left the country, but sold all of the machining and employees to remain and make Taurus guns just as wonderful as Berettas."
Yeah...right. Good luck! But Ruger shouldn't let us down, they tend to have good QC.
My Marlin 60 is stamped Mayfield, KY. The barrel ring that holds the mag tube wasn't centered in its dovetail, neither was the rear sight. Worst of all is the front site is installed a few degrees crooked, vertically. I scoped it anyway, never planned to use the sites. The bluing is good.
Hood Wood Bumper Line Automotive exterior

Registered
I am quite certain that the fourth quarter of 2021 starts October 1st 2021 which the tenth month of the year. As 10, 11, and 12 being the fourth quarter of any given year via The Calendar.
There is a difference between fiscal year and calendar year. Most businesses talk in fiscal years which for the most part run from 1st of October thru the 30th of September. This makes that 4th quarter from July 1st to September 30th.

Registered
Fiscal quarters can vary depending on company. The most recent Ruger quarterly report was announced as the second quarter ending July 1, so their fiscal year appears to follow the calendar. Ruger庐 New Products

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. To Report Second Quarter Results And File Quarterly Report On Form 10-Q On Wednesday, August 4
August 03, 2021
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) will file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q on August 4, 2021, after the close of the stock market.

On Thursday, August 5, 2021, Sturm, Ruger will host a webcast at 10:00 a.m. ET to discuss the second quarter operating results. Interested parties can access the webcast at Ruger.com/corporate or by dialing 855-871-7398, participant code 7094764.

The Form 10-Q will be available on the SEC website at SEC.gov and the Ruger website at Ruger.com/corporate as soon as practicable after the filing. Concurrent with the filing of the Form 10-Q, an earnings release containing the second quarter 2021 financial statements will be issued. We urge investors to read our complete Form 10-Q in order to have adequate information to make informed investment decisions.

Registered
There is a difference between fiscal year and calendar year. Most businesses talk in fiscal years which for the most part run from 1st of October thru the 30th of September. This makes that 4th quarter from July 1st to September 30th.
I get that, however, the calendar quarters are just that, 1/4s.

Registered
I'm just waiting to see what they list in their line-up. Marlin lever guns in .32 special and .41 Mag are high on my "Oooohhhh, I want that!" list!

Registered
If you want high-gloss bluing, get a Miroku Winchester. That's the prettiest rifle I have in my collection.
I have to agree on this. My Miroku Win. model 12 20 ga. is so pretty that I can hardly stop looking at it, lol.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts