Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through the latest copy of the Red Eagle News Exchange I came across this little item.

"Ruger's TALO group of Ruger distributors is offering a stainless Sheriff's model Vaquero in .44 Magnum with 3" barrel, Birdshead grip frame and black checkered grips. Note the word "Vaquero" and not "New Vaquero". The catalog number KBNVBH-443 as well as Ruger's model number (10596), both indicate this gun being the old type Vaquero with original "large" size cylinder frame."

Has anyone seen an example of know more about this? I don't see it on TALO's website (not unusual) or Ruger's website (also not unusual) or Davidson's or GunBroker or......

·
Registered
282 Posts
Waveform,

I sent an email to Talo a while ago, and they said it's coming "soon". The only place I saw it was on Talo's Facebook page. I'll see if I can round it up and link to it here. It is great that they are bringing back the 44 mag. Honestly, I would have preferred if it were a 44 Special. But, I know it will make a lot of people happy! And it's a great trail gun size. In fact, I am still looking to add a birdshead to my field carry revolvers. They just look great!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Waveform,

I sent an email to Talo a while ago, and they said it's coming "soon". The only place I saw it was on Talo's Facebook page. I'll see if I can round it up and link to it here. It is great that they are bringing back the 44 mag. Honestly, I would have preferred if it were a 44 Special. But, I know it will make a lot of people happy! And it's a great trail gun size. In fact, I am still looking to add a birdshead to my field carry revolvers. They just look great!
I hope they come with Belt Mountain base pins.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lipseys had it in their catalog a few weeks ago, minus a picture. Then they pulled it. So I wrote them and they said Ruger was not ready to start manufacturing, so they pulled it. But said they where still planning to make them in 4ye near future.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
Well, well, well. I THOUGHT I was done with the 44mag. I'm focusing my attention and money on 45 Colt. I sold all my 44mag guns except one which just happens to be, you guessed it, a Vaquero. Even though it's a 44mag I just liked the gun too much to part with it. Now here comes, possibly, this Talo Sheriff's model to screw up my plan. It sounds like too cool a gun to pass up. Sigh......

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Well... There goes a bunch of value on my collection!

On the other hand - it DOES mean I can add more 44mag Vaqueros for a lower cost. Hard to complain about that!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks Wave for the heads up. I've been a member of "the other forum" for a long time and must have missed this.
RME

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd almost be tempted to trade off my Talo Super Blackhawk 3.75" for this. Hopefully Ruger will be able to churn them out pretty soon. Of course it would also make a good companion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.